Arcade Problems: Ban Insane Room-and-Enemy Synergy

So this problem occasionally comes to mind and occasionally fades. But I think it's important. I remembered it today after finishing a run that really could've been an amazing new melee high score for me. But crap happened and the run got ruined. So I'm here. (Hmmmm... I've heard this story before...)

I think arcade mode really needs to consider the synergy of particular enemies with particular room sizes. They can absolutely destroy a run in a very unfair sense. Today, the run killer for me was a small room with 3 larvae...plus a toxic tulip, plus a spinsect, plus an elite statue. Now honestly, none of that is really a problem except for the fact that the room was extremely tiny. About 80-90% of the room was covered in acid, and I had to blink across the room to be safe. Like legit, it was so bad that a larva would be coming towards my small open space and I would have to time/aim a blink to another tiny safe location that was clearing up at that time. (What was worse is that certain other aspects of arcade cause familiar players to immediately run into the room they enter...and I happened to run straight into acid...please don't put acid right in front of doors. DX)

You've already heard my rants about other things. The thing that literally kills me most (emotionally and physically) are the crazy rooms with 2+ empowered autumn mages, 1+ empowered autumn knights, and 1 empowered autumn hydra (amidst other possible enemies) without any season orbs. It's basically get spun into get spun into get spun into get hit by spinning dude into get spun into get hit by mushroom cloud into "TEDDY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????!!!!!??????" into run deaded.

I say this stuff to say that I think there should be something implemented in arcade to prevent these cancerous situations. Don't remove the interesting, challenging hard rooms! Those are sexy! No, I'm talking about the crazy situations where not much is in your power. Something random happens (literally within the room, not just the room appearing) and all of a sudden half or more of your HP is gone without any opportunity for you to skillfully or strategically avoid a problem. It isn't really fair for anyone (especially the losers who play Close Combat Melee). Now the issue here is that it's probably super difficult and may very well be impossible. But I figured I'd bring attention to it on the forums and maybe someone else can spurt some wisdom. xD

Hard coding is probably the thing everyone wants to avoid the most. It would result in a lot of specific things being written in for avoidance and would make things super subjective. But perhaps some simple rules could be implemented? For instance, we could have at least 2 season orbs guaranteed to appear in each room in the Temple of Seasons. We could have a minimum size or area for a room where a larva (or a number of larva) is(are) present. We could abandon the inhumane idea of allowing more than one red spinsect to be present in any room, especially the small ones. In rooms with more than 1 elite echo, all but one of them can spontaneously self-destruct. (I'm joking about that last one...mildly.) In any case, please consider finding ways to prevent these horrifying rooms. I want to get scared at haunted houses, not arcade rooms. :emote_fupset:

Anyway...there isn't much more to say on that. I don't think the cancer problems occur in too many areas. There are elite-statue-statue-echo combos, but I've already had my complaints about that as well. The only other issue would be awful spawning enemy problems (hives, crystals), but I feel those are a separate matter and would relate more to another post...in conjunction with the multiplayer attack speed post.