Arena challenges suggestions

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Arena challenges are kinda forgotten. There is only two of them for a looong time. Yet, nobody even made a topic to suggest new ones (and there is even a topic for weapons). So, um... I will start.

Boss Rush - You just fight a set of bosses, like 4-5.

Obstacle Course - Something like in Temple of Seasons: path with obstacles and maybe some battles. This can be done with new blocks, like moving spiky blocks etc.

Puzzle Race - Similar to obstacle course, but with puzzle solving instead of traps.

Elite Gauntlet - Like normal Gauntlet, but all enemies are elite.

The Grind - You are give limited amount of time and unlimited enemies. Points are awarded for collected money, including value of loot.

Speed Fishing - You have to fish as many fish as you can in given time. Fish are harder to catch each time you catch something. Points are awarded for number of fish caught.

Survival - Extreme version of Gauntlet. Again there's a countdown, and you are vastly surrounded by hordes of enemies. Number of kills counts to your points.

Killing Order - Like the Arcade Mode challenge, but with 30+ enemies or 3 Gigaslimes etc.

Note: By points I mean a counter that your primary rank is based on. Currently existing challenges only award speed.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Note: By points I mean a counter that your primary rank is based on. Currently existing challenges only award speed.
And damage taken. :p I suggested in the HQ expansion discussion that more Archery Challanges should be added and they're not added to the HQ then maybe the Arena.

Shooting a moving target and try to get as high of a combo as you can without missing (Arrows are unlimited and you have a timer or you stop when you miss). The target would move faster every time you hit it so after a few arrows it would be quite difficult.

Shooting targets in all 4 directions (maybe shooting ranged enemies like the Wisps). The same point system is used as the current challanges in the Arena and arrows are unlimited. (Maybe the enemies could be stuck behind an invisible wall and the player could be locked inside a box so he can't be swarmed by enemies but also not move too close/far from the enemies)

The moving target has 5 different distances it can show up on and has various speeds aswell. Arrows are limited and you're goal is to score 10000 points (just like Robin's mini game but with 1 target and different distances and random speed for the target). A bigger combo would give you more points per hit.

I like the idea of fidhting multiple bosses without healing.

I don't think there should be a puzzle race unless the developers write a puzzle generating algorithm. Otherwise it's just a case of memorizing the puzzles.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)

I don't think there should be a puzzle race unless the developers write a puzzle generating algorithm. Otherwise it's just a case of memorizing the puzzles.
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to just remember all the different puzzles but you could add in some more difficulty by spawning in some monster that can't be killed or spawn in 8 enemies and 4 of them could be the blue Guardians that shield their allies so that you would have to go out of your way to avoid taking damage while also solving the puzzle.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin

Even if you know how to solve puzzle, you still have to do this as fast as possible. Some puzzles may have multiple solutions, ones faster or slower. There's no need for generating puzzles. Something like block-pushing requires full focus not to make mistake which would cost you time. I's not that easy.

Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to just remember all the different puzzles but you could add in some more difficulty by spawning in some monster that can't be killed or spawn in 8 enemies and 4 of them could be the blue Guardians that shield their allies so that you would have to go out of your way to avoid taking damage while also solving the puzzle.
Spawning monsters seems interesting, but there's no need for them to be invincible. The challenges take place on the arena so you could do some fighting while solving your puzzles. With this we could keep the damage rank.

BTW, not sure if anyone noticed it, but you can quote two or more posts by hitting "Reply" for each post.