Barrel Shield

kiwituatara

Green Slime
I'm assuming you get it from barrels? Right? I've been breaking barrels non-stop... still haven't found it yet :(

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
....actually it is implemented in Story Mode, and it is obtainable from breaking barrels. Unless it has been removed without anyone telling me ;D

Aurophobia

Halloweed
You're joking, really? That's slightly random. I would have assumed it's a craftable.

Time to go get a goddamn barrel shield.

kiwituatara

Green Slime
Do the barrels in the cave in the starting home area count?

Edit: OMG. Game just patched!!! Forget the barrels, I'll do them later XD

Edit: Actually, just got it. Starting zone cave barrels drops them :3

Last edited:

Sharlow

Green Slime
My wife and I both found it in the same spot, without having to grind barrels. Across the bridge from the bandit fights. I just assumed that it was always in one of those barrels. Odd.

Kin

Green Slime
I immediately went grinding for barrels after seeing this post. I finally got the shield after 20 mins of grinding!

8oGes.jpg

Last edited:

kiwituatara

Green Slime
I'm not sure if I've got every item in game yet. Do pumpkins, jars, crates, flying fortress jars drop anything special as well?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think the Barrel Shield is the only Special Items that drops from misc items. All other items can be seen in the monster codex or crafted. :D I think you have all of it.

Aurophobia

Halloweed
作为一个中国玩家 我也觉得爆桶盾的概率实在是太低了
It's there. I recommend the cave north of the entrance to Pumpkin Woods, or after the bridge where you fight Vilya and the gang. Just keep at it, it's a very good shield.

zzkzzk

Green Slime
It's there. I recommend the cave north of the entrance to Pumpkin Woods, or after the bridge where you fight Vilya and the gang. Just keep at it, it's a very good shield.
你说的那个地方我也打了很多次的木桶 罐子啥的 没爆出来 现在就凑活用着水晶盾 不知道以后能不能把爆率提高点 手指都要把键盘按碎了

Aurophobia

Halloweed
你说的那个地方我也打了很多次的木桶 罐子啥的 没爆出来 现在就凑活用着水晶盾 不知道以后能不能把爆率提高点 手指都要把键盘按碎了
The Crystal Shield is very nice, but I like higher shield HP then what that has to offer.
The Barrel Shield will actually just drop from the barrels when it happens. I still think it's worth it, especially if you don't perfect guard enough to make Crystal Shield worth it.

zzkzzk

Green Slime
The Crystal Shield is very nice, but I like higher shield HP then what that has to offer.
The Barrel Shield will actually just drop from the barrels when it happens. I still think it's worth it, especially if you don't perfect guard enough to make Crystal Shield worth it.
是啊, 盾牌的耐久多点,打最后机器人boss防御最后的那段攻击要有效果一点 不过我找到一个位置,就在机器人死亡后左手边的位置,站在那个准确位置不会受到伤害

Aurophobia

Halloweed
是啊, 盾牌的耐久多点,打最后机器人boss防御最后的那段攻击要有效果一点 不过我找到一个位置,就在机器人死亡后左手边的位置,站在那个准确位置不会受到伤害
Yeah people have pointed that out, here. Apparently, most the safe spots only exist in the Normal difficulty, but I've only played on Hard, so I don't know. But, like I said...My opinion = Barrel Shield > Crystal Shield

Also, if my answers seem weird, I'm doing my best to respond appropriately.