Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

eLeMeN

Green Slime
Thanks! I'll try it right away!

Nevertheless, there are multiple options to sort the skill reset thing: from free skill reset, to paying a fee in the menu, to making the player visit a shop or a specific NPC to reset, to setting a special usable item that allows you to reset skills (like a special drop or buyable item). Also, you can think of a complete skill reset or by types (only bronze, only silver)...

:D

illu45

Green Slime
Just so that I know I'm not wasting my time trying to figure it out, is the
Chicken Saviour quest
completable in the current state of the game?

Geir

Green Slime
Hello! I've been looking around for this with no luck, but I wonder where the save files for the game are stored? I'm going on a trip tomorrow and it'd be awesome if I could continue the Arcade Mode while travelling. I've tried copying the entire Steamapp folder over to my Surface but that didn't help.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
If you type "%APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/" into your folder path bar you should get to the right folder!

zc3721

Green Slime
Hello
I want to ask will this game be in Steam, I would like to have this game on Steam I think I can play with my friends on Steam.
And if it is not on Steam, after I purchased this game here, can I have the game in Steam also when it can be found on Steam?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Hello
I want to ask will this game be in Steam, I would like to have this game on Steam I think I can play with my friends on Steam.
And if it is not on Steam, after I purchased this game here, can I have the game in Steam also when it can be found on Steam?
The game is on steam right NOW! When you buy the game you get a steam key and access to the Beta (also right NOW)!

Teddy posted this some time ago:
Announcement
We've now opened up pre-orders that grant beta access to the game.

Here are the key points:
  • All tiers will include a Steam key and DRM-free download
  • It will also include instant beta access on Steam
  • Please try the demo, which spans ~20 minutes of Story Mode and 3 floors of Arcade Mode

zc3721

Green Slime
The game is on steam right NOW! When you buy the game you get a steam key and access to the Beta (also right NOW)!

Teddy posted this some time ago:
Announcement
We've now opened up pre-orders that grant beta access to the game.

Here are the key points:
  • All tiers will include a Steam key and DRM-free download
  • It will also include instant beta access on Steam
  • Please try the demo, which spans ~20 minutes of Story Mode and 3 floors of Arcade Mode
Hello, I purchased one by credit card, so when will I get the key?
Thank you~

Scyris

Green Slime
I'll probally wipe my save myself on full release, and start all over. I do this every major patch in starbound as well if something major has changed.

DotD

Green Slime
I did everything according to your guide in order to switch to the frontline version, but steam didn't download anything new and the ingame menu screen says I'm using the stable version, even though in my steam library the game is called "Secrets of Grindea [frontline]". I'm confused now, what version am I using? And if I'm still using the stable, why didn't it switch to frontline?

Thanks in advance!

Edit:
[16:08] <DotD> hey guys
[16:08] <DotD> can anyone help me
[16:08] <DotD> http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...-ask-your-questions-here.223/page-2#post-1493
[16:08] <Ark626> hihi
[16:08] <Ark626> wait
[16:08] <Ark626> Yes i think i already answered that question
[16:08] <Ark626> The frontline version and the stable are currently the same
[16:09] <Ark626> They will seperate on some updates
[16:09] <DotD> ahhh okay :D
[16:09] <Ark626> currently they are EQUAL
[16:09] <Ark626> :D
[16:09] <Ark626> np
[16:09] <DotD> thanks alot :D

Last edited:

ark626

The frontline and the stable are currently the same.
each update they separate OR become the same.
So sometimes frontline is the same data like stable is.
Just if new critical features are added which need further testing the stable and the frontline versions are unlike.

Wait until tomorrow then they should be unequal

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
The frontline and stable versions are officially separated now! Go update your builds if you haven't already :)

Also, I updated the first post with the question 'How long will the game be when it's finished?'

Sebo

Green Slime
You can reset skillpoints in the beta by pressing enter and typing /respec
This won't be a feature in the final version though, we still haven't figured out exactly how to deal with resetting skill points but it probably won't be that easy on release!

Is there a list of beta-functions like the '/respec' command or other possibilities to e.g. show the fps or mabye the health of boss monsters in numbers (e.g. 50/100 or 50%)?

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Is there a list of beta-functions like the '/respec' command or other possibilities to e.g. show the fps or mabye the health of boss monsters in numbers (e.g. 50/100 or 50%)?
There is just the /respec commands as far as I know. Pressing F10 shows some text (which is supposed to be usefull but I have yet to understand how it works). That's probably everything you can do to "alter" your game. FPS would be nice but numbers on bosses would kill the fun (atleast for me since I like the "How much is there left?" question. Then again I'm me and I'm like no other.).

Sebo

Green Slime
...numbers on bosses would kill the fun (atleast for me since I like the "How much is there left?" question. Then again I'm me and I'm like no other.).

Yeah, maybe you're right. Numbers could spoil too much.
@Devs: Maybe this could be a configurable setting in the game menu as well as 'show fps: on /off'?