Beta FAQ ~Ask your questions here~

kaiisen

Green Slime
Hi guys. It's been like 4 or 5 years since I last played this game. I've returned to it yesterday, and there are some concernings from me...

Within 5 hours of gameplay/grinding, I had already reached 42% completion of the game second my save slot, and I didn't even complete the first main quest back then, of putting the plate on the front of the Shrine. So... how come? From the main plot point, I barely started the game, but I already had 42% completion with just 5 hours of grinding(collecting cards, drops, crafting). It concerns me that after 4 or 5 years of development, it seems there's not much new content in the game. I know the devs put much love into making everything look stunning, and I love it, but when I hear GRINDEA, I imagine a game with lots of items/equips/drops just like Terraria(okay, kinda unfair of me). There seems to not have many quests either, which was something that concerned me also back 4 or 5 years ago.

Now within about 8 hours of gameplay, I just defeated GUM-D4M, and I'm at 50% completion. You can grind Solem right in the beginning of the game, and this exploit makes the earlier enemies and bosses too easy. I remember of suffering a lot even on normal difficulty back years ago.

I'm going back to the game now, since I still have places to visit in-game to check the rest, but I can't help wondering: how long is the main plot of this game so far?

EDIT: I've just read in the previous messages that the game main plot is about 6 hours or so, and it's about 3/4. Which it's very short for a RPG game, in my opinion.

I really would like to see many more stuff. I'm silly for these games like Terraria, in which you can get hundreds of loots and crafts, so I was expecting something like that(c'mon, in the game you're a COLLECTOR!). This doesn't seems to be the strong point of Secrets Of Grindea, despite it's name, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Chaldo

Rabby
That is definitly something that should not be possible, right?
Pretty sure you can just walk into the desert before you even get to Pumpkin Woods
There's a Solem right at the entrance which is probably there to discourage people from entering, but I think it is possible to farm them.

Tiz

Green Slime
That is definitly something that should not be possible, right?
It's completely possible to farm them and I did so on my utility only run til I got the solem shield. It's really not as game breaking or important as you think, the game used to always allow you to skip ahead so you could grind out some cards or more importantly items to beat a boss you were struggling with. Temple of seasons and mt bloom are a perfect example of this, double larva armbands make a world of difference against winter and I guess angler hat is cool for melee. I almost forgot that as soon as you get season orbs you can not only go to mt bloom but you can also grab the best accessory in the game (magic battery) and the barbarian sash. I'd say getting some levels from beating solem to death with stick wands and dull swords is more than fine. The game does a good job of giving you optional difficulty in story mode and that shouldn't ever change.

GummyMan

Green Slime
Hello, I noticed that patch v0.893d is out on Steam, but I'm still on v0.890b (tried reinstalling), so I just want to ask if it is something on my end or if v0.893d isn't on steam.

warhammer

Green Slime
Hey I was wondering if by any chance you guys are going to make de game portable to linux, I would really love it. Thanks for this great game!

meddlingcactus

Green Slime
Hey! Been on the frontline for at least 7 years and can't wait for the final boss! Just something I noticed, you move faster whenever you're moving diagonally. Unless this is an intentional thing? Or too late in development to change?

Last edited:

Garder

Green Slime
Hi. I'm sorry, but want to ask that stupid question.
In final (release) update can be accessed through sun door in Temple of Seasons?

1674206299225.png

Creker

Green Slime
i have a serious question.
How can i get the third potion???
I played arcade run more than 100times and still couldn't get it.
I am very sincere right now