Better way of vending large quantities

Rokker

Halloweed
After some hours of grinding there is no better way to relax than to feed your pet with some junk and potions, right?
Great! Let's go get some potions!

Firstly I buy potions with my gathered gold and then i remember that i've also collected TONS of junk as well.
What the heck am i supposed to do with 987 Apples any way? Let's sell all but 50..
And that's where everything goes from great to tedious.
SoG_sell.png
Holding the Right-key for minutes on a row is not all that entertaining.

I have a few ideas on how to fix this.

• My main idea on how to change this is that you create a new option where you unlock the numeric characters of the keyboard and let the player enter any number he/she chooses.
    The keyboard is already unlocked for typing in the chat and for naming your character, I doubt that the game would feel broken to enable it here as well.

• Second alternative would be to add a "shift-key" modifier to increase the amount increased each tick to 10.

• And third idea would be to just add a fixed logarithmic scale while holding down the key, like this;
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100-200-300-400...
    Of course you reset the logarithmic scale everytime you release the key.
    If you have the number 54 already selected and start holding the key then the scale would start to tick like this (i've cut the series a bit, bold number is current weight to increase);
    55-56-57...62-63-64-74-84-94...134-144-154-254-354-454...

Any ideas and feedback on this?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
What about just holding up (or down)? It goes 10 times faster...
Maybe it should be made more clear that this is possible. I didn't know until someone told me either.

The "entering a number" way seems very practical and i like it, especially for even bigger amounts of stuff
+1

I mean 1.000 apples alright, but what about 10.000 or 50.000 apples?
Entering a number for selling/buying/feeding stuff would be useful in the future

Last edited:

Rokker

Halloweed
Awesome tip! Never realized that holding the up-key added 10! :)
That's the second time today that i feel like i'm complete newbie.

But let's see if we can get the "Enter Number" into the game as well, for future use. :)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I mean 1.000 apples alright, but what about 10.000 or 50.000 apples?
Entering a number for selling/buying/feeding stuff would be useful in the future
Do you even realize how much grinding it takes to get 10k of junk? Not even when I was afk farming back in the old days did I manage to gather that many. o_O I mean most of the time you don't have more than around 100-500 of something so just holding up is enough. Also I might be wrong here but don't you end up on the max amount by going the other direction when you're at 1? So instead of going right you go left and it jumps to the max amount? If that's not in the game I would suggest that as a solution to this problem. :)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Do you even realize how much grinding it takes to get 10k of junk? Not even when I was afk farming back in the old days did I manage to gather that many. o_O I mean most of the time you don't have more than around 100-500 of something so just holding up is enough. Also I might be wrong here but don't you end up on the max amount by going the other direction when you're at 1? So instead of going right you go left and it jumps to the max amount? If that's not in the game I would suggest that as a solution to this problem. :)

And it might be Console/Handheld friendlier

You're right GoodStuff