Bishop plus Linux equals Pain through Lag

Mordakai

Green Slime
A couple of years ago, someone reported a bug where if you were playing Secrets of Grindea on Linux under Proton, the Bishop boss fight was prone to extreme lagspikes which rendered the fight nigh unplayable.

I was unable to find the original forum post, but I did find mention of that post elsewhere fairly recently.

In any case, since I am on Linux, I recently picked up playing again. I got to the Bishop boss fight, and it turned out to have the kind of lagspikes that made the fight nigh impossible to beat.

I took to recording the boss fight anyway since that seemed like a good idea. I also recorded the attempt where I was able to beat the Bishop despite the lag.

Here's the link to the playlist of videos I recorded featuring this bug in action: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2IgfwnYnogVqI8bXulLcC_yzFclGdbZ-

It does seem as though the lagspikes "peak" with the spawning and despawning of Bishop's clones, or at least that seemed to be the pattern I noticed during my attempts to beat him.

And here's to hoping that this bug can be fixed soon :D