Bonus reasons to do more than use one powerful skill.

Own

Skill interactions! Of course, you probably want a small cooldown on these triggering on the same enemy due to co-op craziness. Examples:

If Enemy is Chilled, use Fire damage to trigger Frostburn - Reduce enemy DEF for # seconds.

If Enemy is Chilled, use Air damage to trigger Windchill - Increase the intensity and duration of Chilled for # seconds.

If Enemy is Frozen, use Two-Handed Skill / Earthspike to trigger Shatter - Double damage for the skill, insta-kill normal enemies under #% HP.

If Enemy is On Fire, use Air damage to trigger Fan/Charge The Flames - Increase fire DoT duration and power.

If Enemy is On Fire, use 1-Handed Skill / Ice Skill to trigger Cauterize - Immediately end On Fire, dealing all the damage it would have done over time instantly. (Shadowclone doesn't count)

If Enemy is Swarmed (under attack by Plants/Flies), use Air damage to Supercharge them - Speeds up attack of Flies/Plants attacking that enemy.

(Of course, the game is just about to release by the looks of it, so adding more unnecessary mechanics to the combat system at the end is probably incredibly unnecessary and a huge bugtesting gauntlet in itself, but hey - someone might want to mod them in someday. :naniva:)

I strongly second this, as someone who’s beaten the game so many times I’ve had to delete old files, it’s just not worth getting more than 1 skill until you get it silvered, and even then you rarely use the second one. Multiclassing hardly even happens.

A few more interactions I’ve thought of:

In your guard: hitting an enemy with a projectile after using a single strike melee skill deals bonus damage.

Double rush: using a 1 handed skill while spirit slash is active will cause the spirit to mirror your move.

Full charge: landing lightning damage near your summons briefly increases their attack speed.

Second wind: using whirlslash or smash! after an ice spell sends out an ice nova wave.

Hammerfall: hitting an earth spike with a heroic slam will smash it back into the ground, causing a stunning earthquake.

Let’s keep this going!