Bosses and EXP

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
As of the moment, Arcade bosses that consist of a collection of normal enemies give experience, eg. The Zoo, the Beehives, The Helloweed. However, bosses such as Vilya don't give any EXP. So there's some sort of imbalance here. I assume most of the other Story bosses give EXP as the normally would, eg. Phaseman and Gigaslime. Or, Vilya is a bug, simple as that :p

If not, I think bosses should give roughly equal amounts of EXP when compared to one another. That way it doesn't matter what bosses you get in regard to levelling. Or, we could have it dependent on the difficulty of the boss. For myself, I find The Zoo a lot harder than Gigaslime, with the Black Ferrets in between the two. But then you give better players an advantage because they get more EXP when they can easily S rank every boss without taking damage.

I think Vilya makes sense for not giving you EXP because she is one of the only enemies you don't kill completely. The lack of EXP gain was most likely intentional.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are you sure Vilya doesn't give exp even on the bridge/in Pillar Mountains? If not, then that's a bug! I'm almost certain she did give exp at one point at least.

In Arcade Mode, she might give less exp because of me not thinking of raising her level as well as her stats and changed AI. The exp is based off enemy level, so if I left her at level 3 that would explain why her later incarnation doesn't give (much) exp in her Evergrind Forest incarnation!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
It seems none of the Black Ferrets in the forest give any EXP :/

I'll see if Vilya in the mountains doesn't give any either... as I would expect