Bow and Arrow issue?

Androidgal

Green Slime
I don't know if this is a bug or I am simply doing something wrong, so I didn't wanna put this in the bug section. I unlocked the extra 5 arrows, in my quick slot, it shows x25. However on my screen on the upper left where it shows your quick slots as normal, it only shows x20 and doesn't allow me to pick anymore up.

I know it did work at one point, I did see there was an update that downloaded in my Steam, I am using the Frontline version.

Is there something I could be using that would take those 5 away?

Thanks.

CatBug

Rabby
Somewhat relevant but whenever I die, I end up with 0 arrows, is this intentional? Don't remember this happening before...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Okay, I think I understand the issue now, and it's more confusion than bugs (except for in Arcade Mode where the arrow cap actually is bugged if running with the max arrow perk)!

The default max arrows were lowered from 20 to 15 when the bow got improved, so if you get the quiver from Robin you'll now have 20. However, old saves display the amount of arrows a bit incorrectly!

Before, when there was only one bow, I lazily made it so that when you picked up an arrow, you actually picked up another bows. So when your bow said "20", it meant exactly that, and each time you fired an arrow, you'd lose a bow.

Now you only have one bow, and a separate inventory slot for arrows! However, old saves still had a ton of bows in their inventory, which is what's causing this confusion.

I'll fix it so that old saves lower the amount of bows they own to 1 to avoid confusion in the inventory, and also fix the bugged arrow count in Arcade.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Somewhat relevant but whenever I die, I end up with 0 arrows, is this intentional? Don't remember this happening before...

Was that in multiplayer? I've made a mistake in the code that I think might do what you describe, but only in multiplayer!

Androidgal

Green Slime
Why was it lowered? That sort of bites. I played that little mini game so many times for that 25. They are good for extra when needed. They do not do much damage so lowering the amount doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for figuring it out.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Why was it lowered? That sort of bites. I played that little mini game so many times for that 25. They are good for extra when needed. They do not do much damage so lowering the amount doesn't make sense to me. Thanks for figuring it out.

It was lowered because the bow is all around vastly more powerful now! Even when you first get it, it's more powerful except in edge cases where you previously could spam all the arrows away in a couple of seconds. Now you can charge the arrows and deal more damage per arrow, but the spam damage has been lowered.

If you feel the bow has gotten weaker, perhaps you haven't visited the bow maker in Evergrind Fields: South to upgrade it?

Also, don't feel bad about doing the mini game - the quiver increase is still 5, and now that means even more since it's a higher percentage increase!