Bow Upgrade Bug/Negative Gold

abbers

Green Slime
Hi there!

What happened: I got super impatient with the bow guy. I was just rapidly tapping through to speed up conversation, when I noticed I kept getting the same dialogue box. I figured it was a glitch so I kept tapping to get out of it. When it was done, I had a maxed bow, and -15k gold.

Storyline: Right after Sky Fortress, after Marino steals the Amalet, before going south. Right when the first bow upgrade is available.

Trigger: Buy the upgrade, and when the dialogue box closes and he asks you to hand him your bow, talk to him again really quickly before he hands it to you, for the same trigger. Keep doing this until he doesn't offer upgrades anymore.

Result: You have an expert bow, and you go into negatives when it comes to gold.

aKv8Nfa_Q9uEhmW97LIzzA.png

abbers

Green Slime
Wow that was a fast response. Single player. I could probably could try to replicate it in multi.

Veranchyme

Green Slime
Can confirm, just happened to me, sped through the dialogue after activating Sky Temple, was able to get Winterwood Bow upgrade and have negative gold. This was also in single player.

Cloudscape

Green Slime
My friend had the exact same bug. We played in multiplayer. I was patient and clicked slowly and was able to upgrade my bow only one time. He on the other hand clicked fast and had the same bug. Apparently this bug seems more complex tho.

If we are in a fight and he uses his max level bow his character bugs (only on my screen, not for himself - I am the host of the game). If he doesn't use his weapon or a spell he looks like he is charging his bow. This also leads to another problem. If I die he can't revive me anymore. On his screen everything looks normal tho and if he tries to revive me the animation starts but doesn't finish. For me the revive animation doesn't even start he just stands there charging his bow.

This bug only happens if he uses his bow. To prevent it he plays without the bow in bossfights. Oh and if we both die after the bug happened it disappears - until the next time he will use his bow.
I added a screenshot (note that he wasn't actually charging his bow when I made the screenshot) and if it helps I can ask my friend to upload a video of that bug.
20171124230553_1.jpg

Thanks for the report! Did this happen in single player or multiplayer?

Last edited:

giersi

Green Slime
I think this is related to another bug. I played as client (with Cloudscape :)) and sometimes it happened that quest-reward dialogue would repeat in a loop when I mashed the A-button. Same like with the Bow vendor who would upgrade my bow everytime the dialogue resetted. The splash sprite telling I'd have received a quest reward showed up each time, but I actually only got the item once like intended. So, probably same bug-mechanic, but because the bow is a different item every time, only there it is kinda game breaking (it was op to have the Expert Bow on level 10 or what but now it's only annoying that it breaks the game.. I want to play with a bow :().

Last edited: