[Bug Report] [Arcade] Progress Deleted

GScan

Green Slime
Heyo,

I've been playing Grindea for a fair bit of time now and I come back mostly for arcade. Since I've been playing for a while, I had a lot of progress and a ton of essence saved up after doing a ton of runs. When the Arcade update came out, I was really really happy because it added a ton of content to that part of the game.

Played a bit of the update (I kept everything I had from before; checked all the boxes to keep all my progress up to that point), but when I logged on the next day, everything was gone; not everything since the update, but it hard reset all of my progress.

The best recall of what happened was this; I was playing on my laptop (frontline mode obviously), then I played on my desktop. I think the game launched on the live version for some reason, then when I switched back to frontline, everything was gone (I went to arcade in the live version, it played out the old intro when you first started arcade mode, then when I switched it did the intro again for frontline and it hard reset my progress).

Sorry for the long post, but I was trying to explain the best I could. It's a shame cuz I lost around 300 raw essence, not including all of the achievements or unlocking all the perks/slots again......... Don't get me started on redoing the Furious Giga Slime...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm, yeah, I should add some lock on Arcade Mode for when players accidentally start the game on Stable (similarly to how character slots get a red FRONTLINE text and refuse to load)... as you say, Steam doesn't keep track of beta settings between machines!

Anyways! Your game should be backed up on your laptop.

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. Go into the latest changed ArcadeMode folder, and copy the latest made save. Replace your Arcademode.sav file with that one.

(You might need to have the game running in the main menu while doing this)