Can I use the Sprites for my own game?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I'm not one of the three creators, but I'll just guess that you are not allowed to use the sprites.
@Vilya and @Fred have worked countless hours to create the art that is in the game. I don't they'll allow it to be used in other projects.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The game and all it's contents are property of the Pixel Ferrets company and therefore you'll need official word from the devs on this.

As for re-using sprites as a topic, it's not something that's done - at all really. Not only do the graphics of a game distinguish it from any other game, they also create the majority of it's feel and experience. You can't really get away with using the sprites from another game and selling yours as something different, without making a very similar experience.

It doesn't hurt to give drawing a try right? Even if it's really basic, it's yours. It's your property and it's your game. No licensing issues to get tangled up in. I'm a fairly competent artist when it comes to drawing my hand, but I'm challenging myself to draw with letters for my game, which is completely different. Just, give it a go. You might be surprised with what comes out of it :p

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
You are not allowed to use these sprites in a commercial product.

BUT

If it's a free game, it doesn't really hurt the author, as long as you inform who created these sprites. You know, there are free games that use sprites from other commercial games. They are called fan-games. "Borrowing" sprites for not related games isn't that much different from making a fan-game and it's generally allowed (although some companies don't like when this happens with their content and they can DMCA your game).

Marklinger

Green Slime
Thanks! I'll just be safe and not use them. but i couldn't help asking, these are the best sprites I have seen in a game ever!

Marklinger

Green Slime
oh, its a turn based rpg were whenever you get attacked or attack it pops up a minigame where its dance dance revolution and the more you miss the less damage you do or the more you hit the less damage the enemy does.