Cant open translation tool!

Stefanosn

Green Slime
Hello guys. I can not open the tool for translation on steam suddenly. I click to open it something loads but nothing shows up! I have been using it to translate the game to Greek language. Could you please help me? Is the tool working?

Thank you
Stefanos

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... I seem to be able to start it!

Can you see any errors for the tool in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to the translation suite! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

If you haven't, you could try restarting Steam and see if that changes anything.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Sometimes for me, the game likes to say it's launched, then sit in my background processes and never load. Maybe this could be the same thing but for the translation suite? Oddly, with this if you close and re-open it enough times it'll eventually load. It'll probably be something else if it refuses to load entirely :/

Stefanosn

Green Slime
Hmm... I seem to be able to start it!

Can you see any errors for the tool in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to the translation suite! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

If you haven't, you could try restarting Steam and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for the suggestion! I get this error on .net framework

Application: TranslationSuite.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(System.String, System.Text.Encoding, Boolean, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(System.String)
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load()
at System.Windows.Forms.PictureBox.Load(System.String)
at TranslationSuite.Form1.UpdateLanguagePicture()
at TranslationSuite.Form1.cmbLanguageInEnglish_SelectedIndexChanged(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(System.EventArgs)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedItem(System.Object)
at TranslationSuite.Form1.FillGeneralInfo()
at TranslationSuite.Form1.OnLoadComplete()
at TranslationSuite.Form1..ctor()
at TranslationSuite.Program.Main()

This means that steam can not find the translationsuite.exe am i right? I haven't moved the files or something like this. What is going on! Browse local files button from steam opens the correct folder and the .exe is inside. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm... it seems like it's failing to load the preview picture for the translation? In that case, it's quite the oversight by me to not have a fail safe for that!

Could that be the case? That you've used a non-standard picture for the translation and then moved the file? Or do you use the standard Greek flag?

Stefanosn

Green Slime
Hmm... it seems like it's failing to load the preview picture for the translation? In that case, it's quite the oversight by me to not have a fail safe for that!

Could that be the case? That you've used a non-standard picture for the translation and then moved the file? Or do you use the standard Greek flag?

Teddy the flag was the issue you were right. I moved the .jpg flag to another location and the app could not find it so it crashed. The flag was a file on my computer. Hope you fix it sometime soon! :) Thanks again i am going to continue the translation!