Cant play the game when more than two players connect!

Stefanosn

Green Slime
Hello guys great work on your game. I just wanted to know if it is possible to play the game with more than two players on beta because we tried out and there is a lot of lag. With two players the game is playable! Please let us know what is the upload speed needed to play the game with more than two players. I was the host with 1mb upload.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello guys great work on your game. I just wanted to know if it is possible to play the game with more than two players on beta because we tried out and there is a lot of lag. With two players the game is playable! Please let us know what is the upload speed needed to play the game with more than two players. I was the host with 1mb upload.

Often it's not the upload speed itself, but that a connection/router/etc can't handle the high amount of packets!

Does it lag regardless of what player is the last one to connect? Like, if three of your friends join and it starts to lag, does the lag disappear if the first one who connected leaves?

It's not 100 %, but I actually added some experimental features to the latest release that might be able to help (and I would be pretty interested in hearing if it works well).

Type the following into the in-game chat (press enter when in the game world to bring it up):

/netset 2

If that doesn't help, go all out and type

/netset 5

If written correctly, the chat should say something like "Changed network setting to: Medium Traffic" or something!

Please report back here and tell me if it helps at all!

Ardeof

Rabby
Often it's not the upload speed itself, but that a connection/router/etc can't handle the high amount of packets!

Well if one PC (presumably the one hosting) handles the built in server, the PC itself may be the problem. CPU, RAM or GPU limitation can cause lag on other PCs because it's unable to process the data to other players. May be the router though, I agree. Perhaps even the firewall.

4 players is certainly feasible in the current Multiplayer Beta. Was playing with 2 others and there was very little actual lag. Other than latency difference, which happens across any Multiplayer platform.

Last edited:

Stefanosn

Green Slime

Does it lag regardless of what player is the last one to connect? Like, if three of your friends join and it starts to lag, does the lag disappear if the first one who connected leaves?

It's not 100 %, but I actually added some experimental features to the latest release that might be able to help (and I would be pretty interested in hearing if it works well).

Type the following into the in-game chat (press enter when in the game world to bring it up):

/netset 2

If that doesn't help, go all out and type

/netset 5

If written correctly, the chat should say something like "Changed network setting to: Medium Traffic" or something!

Please report back here and tell me if it helps at all!

Thanks for your fast response Teddy. Yes it lags regardless who connects last. My teammates complaint of issues like the following...they could not hit the boxes, the could not see me walking smoothly on the area (i dissapeared and reappeared to the point i wanted to go. Same thing i experienced when they move around). If the first one leaves or the second one leaves and two people stay in game it works ok.

The first command /netset 2 did not make any difference. The second command /netset 5 did the job it worked! We played the game for half an hour and none of the issues we had before appeared. So we are going to play the game on my twitch and youtube channel and i was thinking if there is any chance to send me any steam keys in order to make a giveaway for the channel. I have send messages to your facebook,youtube channel but you did not answer to me so i am trying here. My channel is youtube.com/techwithcoffee and we are located in greece. I am going to translate the game at my free time to Greek because i really loved it. It is ok if you cant send me a steam code or something but kindly please answer one of my requests just to know that you get my message.

Yours faithfully
Stefanos Neofytidis

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Glad to hear the network setting made a difference!

As for giveaways, we don't currently do them apart from in rare circumstances (we gave away a key to a Swedish charity stream for example). If it makes you feel any better, Yogscast's Kim got the same reply!

I hope you and your friends continue to enjoy the game! And a Greek translation would be awesome - I don't think we have one of those yet :D

Stefanosn

Green Slime
Glad to hear the network setting made a difference!

As for giveaways, we don't currently do them apart from in rare circumstances (we gave away a key to a Swedish charity stream for example). If it makes you feel any better, Yogscast's Kim got the same reply!

I hope you and your friends continue to enjoy the game! And a Greek translation would be awesome - I don't think we have one of those yet :D

We will continue the game! Already started translating to greek language :)