Card Drop Rate Modification

uber

Green Slime
I want to put it out there that the current drop rate is currently fine, but it can be punishing to those that put in the time to farm for hours and see no cards drop.

The idea being that starting at X enemies killed (500+ probably) every 100 increases the drop rate by 0.1% or something similar.

The idea being that for those that farm long enough they will eventually be guaranteed the card (at 2k+ kills the drop rate would hopefully be high enough).

uber

Green Slime
I feel I should mention that this comes from having farmed the plantae hostilis for the past few hours, with no card to show for it. Also because in that time I haven't seen an elite version of that mob. whether that has been implemented or not I don't know, I haven't had the opportunity to have the x10 drop chance for the card.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
There have been several such suggestions, so you are not alone with that sentiment. Also some enemies do not have an elite version.

MDK

Green Slime
Dota 2 uses a similar system described here for some certain critical hits and other proc effect. They do it to make the game less RNG heavy. It's called Pseudo-random distribution. You can think of this way. A 1% card drop done randomly will mean that you might get the card on the first kill or the 400th kill depending on your luck. The completely non-random way would be to just have the card drop after every 100 mob kills. Pseudo-random distribution is a mix of these two.

The problem with random drops is the soul crushing realization where even after 200 kills you are basically no closer to getting the card. The odds of it doping from the next mob are just as likely as with the very first kill. The problem with non-random drops is that it's just a boring grind to reach exactly 100 kills. Pseudo-random distribution is sort of a compromise where there is still luck involved, but you know every kill is taking you closer to your goal since the chance gets higher after each kill. The overall chance will still be the same 1%. This means that at the beginning the chance is lower than 1%. So if you kill 1 000 000 of those mobs they would most likely drop very close to or exactly 10 000 cards with all 3 different systems.

Ps. There is also the whole discussion on how things are not really random on computers with the seed values and all, but I didn't want to talk about that since it would just make things too complicated. I also don't know how often Grindea changes the seed value on things.