Card drops

WitchKey

Green Slime
I think there's some level of inconsistency with regard to the card drops; For the last few weeks, I found that it was routine to get two cards within the first 2-3 hours of playing, and then there would be a long lull before getting a third.

This might be fairly expected, but the last two times I played, I spent 4 and 8 hours respectively grinding the Plantae Hostilis with no card drop. I amassed over 180,000 gold and killed who knows how many enemies, with no drop.

Is it possible there's an issue with the logic that determines when a card should drop, that causes cards to bunch up so you get one or two, then none? Or, is it possible that the logic ceases to function altogether, and cards will not drop until the game is restarted?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm gonna be my usual cynical self and say it's highly likely you just happen to be on the receiving end of a bunch of unfortunate coincidences. That's usually the case around here, and along with the fact that you're the first person to describe an issue like this, I doubt it's something everyone else is experiencing.

Who knows, maybe more people will pop up with a very similar issue, and if they do, I apologise for misinterpreting you. However with all the posts I've seen about card drops not being random, they're usually still random. And as with all things that are random, the more times you run the test, the more average the value comes to.

WitchKey

Green Slime
I'm gonna be my usual cynical self and say it's highly likely you just happen to be on the receiving end of a bunch of unfortunate coincidences. That's usually the case around here, and along with the fact that you're the first person to describe an issue like this, I doubt it's something everyone else is experiencing.

Who knows, maybe more people will pop up with a very similar issue, and if they do, I apologise for misinterpreting you. However with all the posts I've seen about card drops not being random, they're usually still random. And as with all things that are random, the more times you run the test, the more average the value comes to.

Hate to admit it, but you were probably right. I thought I had put in enough time and was sure I was never going to get the last two cards. Seemed like an inordinate amount of time compared to all other enemies in the game so far, but I guess it just came down to luck. And, I was probably seeing patterns where there were none.