Co-Op Fail?

Rycen

Green Slime
Ok, so I wasnt sure where to put this thread. I dont think its a bug, since nobody else has already reported it.

However, many months ago my friend and I played Grindea together without a problem. Though we ran out of content to play and wanted to wait a while for it to build up again before continuing our co-op adventures. The third dungeon is almost complete so it would be a good time to get going again. Then it happened:

No matter who tries to host, we cannot get past the 'join screen'. Where it tells you who is playing Grindea. We tried inviting on Steam, but it only allows the person trying to join the session to spam-click the name (makes the sound effect and everything). Though we can never actually join the lobby.

This has been very annoying for us, as you can imagine. We never had problems like this before, even when we had to the IP thing. Steam worked for us for a while, but now we come back after some patches and updates and find we can no longer enjoy multiplayer together.

I was wondering if there were some tricks or help I could try and pass down the grape vine to get multiplayer working again?

Thank you in advance!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Were both of you on the Frontline build? It can't connect if there's a version mismatch, so it might be that (although I think there should be some kind of error message...)

As a last resort, you can still switch back to IP in the Options menu!

Rycen

Green Slime
Thank you for the fast reply!

When we were able to get together again we found that my friends version was out of date. Like .650 while mine was .670 or something. Regardless, we got his updated again and we were able to connect. Thank you for the tip! It's just weird that no error message appeared. Strange.

Anyways that is what was up. Im just glad we didnt have to switch back to IP mode :D (Now if we can only defeat the boss, but that is another topic!)