/Commands

Enoen

Rabby
Does it need to be balaced?
And for nearly every patch i make a new character anyway, I don't know if any beta tester wants to keep their beta char.
Well unless I'm missing something here that would mean beta characters can easily have every single skill which I'm not sure you can do in normal gameplay by leveling which would make the beta characters able to use any ability to it's final tier which may put future characters at a disadvantage.

Also I would most certainly like to keep my beta character and I remake characters all the time lol so I feel like it's important if someone explains to me if this skill point command is going to affect you permanently and if it's okay for beta players to keep their character save after they do such a command.

This game is basically offering me ultimate power without stating the consequences.

HexZyle

Boar
Well unless I'm missing something here that would mean beta characters can easily have every single skill which I'm not sure you can do in normal gameplay by leveling which would make the beta characters able to use any ability to it's final tier which may put future characters at a disadvantage.

Also I would most certainly like to keep my beta character and I remake characters all the time lol so I feel like it's important if someone explains to me if this skill point command is going to affect you permanently and if it's okay for beta players to keep their character save after they do such a command.

This game is basically offering me ultimate power without stating the consequences.

They're tools to allow players to find bugs far faster than what would normally be possible. Almost all people still choose to play through the game legitimately at some point, so the developers also get proper feedback for that as well.
The game as it is, has been stated by the developers to be unbalanced.

If you have an overpowered character by release, that's one of your rewards for supporting the game early I guess.

Enoen

Rabby
They're tools to allow players to find bugs far faster than what would normally be possible. Almost all people still choose to play through the game legitimately at some point, so the developers also get proper feedback for that as well.
The game as it is, has been stated by the developers to be unbalanced.

If you have an overpowered character by release, that's one of your rewards for supporting the game early I guess.
The temptation is even stronger after you said that.

But seeing as I really just want to help the devs out and be popular within the community for being a skillful player and not the most powerful one...And Red Mages aren't supposed to be the masters of everything so quickly I guess I'll take all of this with a grain of salt and make a test character which is separated from my main character.

But if there is a command that gives me every single monster card I am not hesitating to use it LOL. Rngesus is a monster.

Would it be impressive if one were to play the entire story mode in Beast Mode? I hope they keep that as a feature and that you get a nifty little title for beating the game with it. xD

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
@Heilias You know what are cheats? The old-school cheats that are commonly found in FPS games (so-called console)? These are commands used by developers to make testing game easier. They usually leave it somewhere in game and they are later used by some players (cheaters).
Now. we are testers. Skill point command was added to make testing Gold Charges much easier. Same is for other ones, they are here for testing purposes. They will either be removed after the game is finished or left, but locked by default and unlocked by doing some action (like running game with -gimmebetacommandsplz parameter). There's no need for balance in that.

EDIT: I was writing it too long -_-

Own

There's nothing beta players are not doing with commands right now that you couldn't also do with cheatengine or any other save editing program. In the full release people will be able to do exactly the same.

Enoen

Rabby
There's nothing beta players are not doing with commands right now that you couldn't also do with cheatengine or any other save editing program. In the full release people will be able to do exactly the same.
True that. Eitherway I've come to terms with the fact that end game everyone will have everything anyway.

Hyrist

Green Slime
I'm honestly going to have a separate character just for skill testing in specific areas/conditions. Especially in the front-lines areas to be sure that certain combinations/overlays don't glitch out or freeze the game. Any sort of wild cheating fun I can do will rest on that character as well.

Should probably sort out ones for just skills and ones for skills and high levels just in case. Good thing I have a lot of old 'deity level' characters in the backlog I can use for them.

Enoen

Rabby
I'm honestly going to have a separate character just for skill testing in specific areas/conditions. Especially in the front-lines areas to be sure that certain combinations/overlays don't glitch out or freeze the game. Any sort of wild cheating fun I can do will rest on that character as well.

Should probably sort out ones for just skills and ones for skills and high levels just in case. Good thing I have a lot of old 'deity level' characters in the backlog I can use for them.
Well being able to modify my lvl is very nifty as I can test builds and scale down to the lvl of the people I get to buy this game. At lvl 99 you can't actually master every skill so I'm strongly considering my builds now or just learning everything.

Since I want to promote a pvp tourney when PVP is out (I don't care bout balanced the rule of the game is don't get hit. XD) I want to even things as much as possible although I feel like damage should be reduced by 90% so no one gets 1 shot.

RogueGeek

Green Slime
/setlevel x ... is weird
Could this be "fixed"? Right now it changes the Max HP and Magic DMG, but nothing else.
I'd love if it would change at least the silver and gold charges, because this would help testing very much.

(also the player level that is displayed stays the same. YOu can give yourself level 100, but when you were level 19, it always get's diplayed as level 19)
When you relog is shows the level you set it as!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
These commands were added in patch 0.602a:

/dragonreset to reset the dragon cutscene and get to watch it again! This will also reset the festival quest.

/beereset should rewind the festival quest and let you respawn the queen bee by re-entering the zone where she spawns.

/festivalreset while inside the festival you will immediately reload the zone with the progress cleared!