Constant freezing?

Coffea

Green Slime
I've been experiencing a weird lock-up continuously, never had this before however I can't seem to find the cause of it.
Rather than attempting to describe it, I've recorded it:

My specs are as follows:
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
2x8GB 3600MHz RAM
Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti
Dell 1440p gsync monitor

CPU usage/GPU usage numbers are all available in the video from an OSD.
I've tried disabling the OSD and the GPU monitoring software entirely, to no avail.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The game's certainly not supposed to look like that! Has it worked normally on that machine before?

Have you tried different viewing modes? E.g. full screen vs. windowed? Does your motherboard have built-in graphics that might interfere with your dedicated one?

It seems to me to be display related, since the game logic is being run in the background when it freezes, meaning that the game thinks frames are being pushed to the graphics card. Could it be that XNA doesn't work well with Gsync maybe?

Coffea

Green Slime
The game's certainly not supposed to look like that! Has it worked normally on that machine before?

Have you tried different viewing modes? E.g. full screen vs. windowed? Does your motherboard have built-in graphics that might interfere with your dedicated one?

It seems to me to be display related, since the game logic is being run in the background when it freezes, meaning that the game thinks frames are being pushed to the graphics card. Could it be that XNA doesn't work well with Gsync maybe?
I primarily played on a different system with the same display, I upgraded recently and have played recently without issues.
I recently changed RAM due to Ryzen support problems but I played after that and it wasn't doing this.

My motherboard Asus X470 Crosshair VII Hero WiFi doesn't have onboard video, nor does my processor.

I neglected to mention that I'm playing on Frontline.
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give feedback when I finish work.

--- Edit #1---
So I just got home from work, it's working perfectly now without any modifications.

--- Edit #2 ---
Figured what caused it... teething issues with Ryzen.
If I turn the PC on, a cold boot, it works flawlessly.
If I set the PC to sleep, then wake it from that state, it proceeds to lag as shown in the video.

What I don't understand is why it only affects SoG.

Last edited: