Could Gold charges temporarily be the same as Silver?

Rokker

Halloweed
I fully understand that the game is far from complete, but could you please temporarily change it so that Gold charges of skills have the same effect as Silver charges?
Just until Gold charges are fully integrated.

I very much enjoy the Insect Swarm skill and at the moment Gold level Insect Swarm spawns only one uncharged/Bronze charge fly making it a huge waste of resources if you happen to cast it.

goldcharge_insectswarm.png

Right now I have to gimp my character on purpose with EP-blocking skills (below 55 EP) to prevent me from accidentally charging Insect Swarm to Gold.

I would personally be quite fine with the EP-cost being that of the real Gold charge, just please don't make the effect worse than that of the Silver charge.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Yeah, so the devs don't have the gold and final charges in the game and they are aware of the damage/visual loss you get from a gold charge. I would recommend you to use the /respec command and then not put more than 9 points in your skills to prevent you from casting a gold charged skill. The gold points are just in the game because they will have a use later on so you can't expect them to work right away. Besides the +damage you get for leveling up a skill is not that great and you don't actually notice the difference that 1 point does to your damage.

Rokker

Halloweed
Yeah, so the devs don't have the gold and final charges in the game and they are aware of the damage/visual loss you get from a gold charge. I would recommend you to use the /respec command and then not put more than 9 points in your skills to prevent you from casting a gold charged skill. The gold points are just in the game because they will have a use later on so you can't expect them to work right away. Besides the +damage you get for leveling up a skill is not that great and you don't actually notice the difference that 1 point does to your damage.
I understand that the gold and final charges aren't in the game yet, what i was proposing was to let the skill stay at Silver-power for now when hitting Gold instead of plummeting the damage.
I was mearly spending points to explore the system, but that last point up to gold was a real loss imo.

I actually didn't know that a /respec command existed :)
I'll do that.