[Crafting] Purple Petal Garland

Learn

Green Slime
To make a Purple Petal Garland, it requires you to get; 20 Purple petals, and 10 Roots

The purple petals in the game are received from the mob Halloweed, and roots can be gotten from either Halloweed's or Bloomo's. To obtain Roots seems like a 50%~ drop from each, (After killing 100 Halloweed's and 100 Bloomo's , got 101). To obtain Purple petals seems like a 20% drop from Halloweed's (After killing 100). The problem about the purple Purple Petal Garland compared to the Blue Petal Garland, is that there's only 2 Halloweed's. 1 on the first map in Pumpkin woods, and 1 in the connecting map. Compared to the multiple spawn points of the Bloomo's. Not only that, but the Halloweed's seem to not spawn until you leave the spawn map, and re-enter it. (I stayed a good 5 minutes after killing one, and it never spawned, nor did it spawn a different monster). I would understand if it were 15 petals needed for either of the Garlands, cause it'll still take you a while to obtain, or increase the drop rate by 5% maybe? I don't know, it just seems long, for something that you have to run back and forth to get. Suggestions?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't think it's any problem with the Purple Petal Garland farming. I mean IMO it's the best hat in the game (in its current state) so the grind for it makes sense. The Halloweed's can be force spawned if you leave and re-enter the area so if you use that the farming will actually go faster than waiting for a new one to spawn (if they ever wanted to spawn). :p With these things considered I deem the Purple Petal Garland crafting acceptable. Maybe it's a little bit too hard to farm since it won't be the best item forever but right now it is worth the farming required IMO.

Learn

Green Slime
Oh, I didn't realize it was the best for the state, I thought there was better, so I just assumed it was kinda hard to get for such a "decent" helmet. I mean, I'm new to the game and all, but when I saw the purple petals needed, I was like, "I got this", and realized it was a pain to have to buffer between maps just to get a SINGLE flower in hopes that the 20% prevails.

Just my thought though.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Oh, I didn't realize it was the best for the state, I thought there was better, so I just assumed it was kinda hard to get for such a "decent" helmet. I mean, I'm new to the game and all, but when I saw the purple petals needed, I was like, "I got this", and realized it was a pain to have to buffer between maps just to get a SINGLE flower in hopes that the 20% prevails.

Just my thought though.
It is kind of annoying to farm the Halloweed. :p

Learn

Green Slime
It's not that it's bad... it's the annoyance of having to switch screens CONSTANTLY for the only result... and it's not even guaranteed 80% of the time. It's a big hassle.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You can get them to respawn, and just by themself too. I'll be doing a guide on this when I get round to it. If you're around later today I'll show you how :p