[Crash] Luke's Axe crashes game after Ms. Claus (frontline)

LeflyPolaris

Green Slime
Me and my cousin were doing the quest to get to Santa Fae and after leaving Ms. Claus house Luke would do his "100 this ones gotta drop a card" and then swing his axe and crash the host game. This crash is extremely repeatable and stops all progression of the story. This is the only spot its happened so far but as we are unable to progress farther we can't say for sure. I sent two error reports but was unable to screenshot either of them but perhaps you awesome devs can find it. (probably not though which is understandable)Thanks in advance!

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Have you tried restarting Steam and then verifying the game's cache? (Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Local Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Cache)
^
That's what Teddy would say, probably.

tbh, Luke should get nerfed. It's ridiculous to have a character so strong, that can destroy the game.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Alright, after trying it out in multiplayer I also could reproduce the bug!

Turns out that some damage dealt in cutscenes (in certain cases) didn't play ball with the new damage display system while in multiplayer! I suspect the cutscene after defeating Giga Slime might also have this issue.

Nice find - this is definitely something that could've slipped through to Stable since people usually skip cutscenes of old content!