[Crash] Mrs. Claus Crash

Tides

Green Slime
After I Beat the toy factory , i've been trying to talk to Mrs. Claus to turn in the quest but now my game just keeps crashing when I try to talk to her to turn it in... Anyone else having this issue?

Tides

Green Slime
Found a second part of this bug, Also found out while exploring that Santa Fae is open to me now...

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Found a second part of this bug, Also found out while exploring that Santa Fae is open to me now...

That's... not how it's supposed to go down, for sure!

Could you send me the world and character file in a .zip so I can investigate this? :O

You'll find them in the Characters and Worlds folders in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/!

The files are named in numerical order, starting from 0. So if the bugged character is in the first slot, copy 0.cha and 0.wld. If it's in the second slot, copy 1.cha and so forth.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Wow, your game is in a really weird state! Do you remember if something weird happened after you defeated the Toy Machine?

Naniva is supposed to rejoin you in there, but somehow, this hasn't happened! Did the game crash there, or did you exit the game before the cutscene was finished?

How the road to Santa Fae opened up I have no idea! Super weird!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ok, I understand the tree thing now! Apparently you can move the trees without turning in the quest to Mrs. Claus (which indeed is a bug in itself)! And despite crashing, the game considers the trees moved, so when you return they are removed.

So basically, the culprit of origin to all of this is Naniva's mysterious disappearance!

Tides

Green Slime
After I beat the boss it glitched making me do the train / bomb dodge again right before the boss

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'll upload fixed save files for you momentarily! I'm just going to double check the bug is fixed

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Sorry for the delay! Replacing your 0.cha and 0.wld with these should reset the bugged flags, let you turn in the Toy Factory quest and continue with your journey!

And thanks for your help in fixing the bug :D

Attachments

• Tides_fixed.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 3

Tides

Green Slime
So I just tried to copy these over and use them... Now i can't even use the character in general. Is it maybe because the .Bak Files didnt match anymore? or I'm using steam?

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Oh, crap. No, it's just me being stupid I'm afraid! I forgot that some additions for the next patch needed changes in the character save file. While they are backwards compatible, they aren't forward compatible, so you can't load the save file in your older version!

I made one for you using the Frontline build - hopefully this works!

Attachments

• Tides_fixed.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 3

Mezphel

Green Slime
Ok so this is probably the most weird thing that has happened to me recently, sorry if it all seems disjointed, but I'm still weirded out.
Ok, I'll start from the beggining.
I enter seasonne, go talk with Mrs.Claus to do the toy factory quest, Naniva's with me.
I enter the thing, do the quest normally, beat the boss. Naniva's still with me.
I leave the boss arena, and for some reason the train section happens again. Since I don't want to do that, I save&quit out.
I enter the game again, and check my quests, it says that I had finished Mrs.Claus quest, so I go to her to colletc the award. Naniva's with me, and she drinks her honey.
Interested in the trains thing, I head back there, and just as I suspected, it starts again, and now it's where things become weird.
Naniva goes with that guy ( who I allways forget the name of ) to do whatever that they do to enter the boss room, but since the boss is dead, I guess she doesn't return to me.
I check my quest again, just to make sure, it's still marked as finished.
So now I'm without Naniva.
Then, I head to the trees that she clears after finishing the toy factory, and the game crashes as the cutscene starts.

Luckily enough I'd taken a ton of screenshots, so here follows an Imgur link ( the screenshots are in cronological order ) :http://imgur.com/LciNwVU,sW8NFZ2,x6ydrjy,S8nT8kE,Q10GGBd,fhLHx46,Gs505eP,cbb0tWS,e66T4ks#0

Mezphel

Green Slime
This isn't my first character so it's not really necessary that you repair it, but if you want to take a look into the file, here it is.

Attachments

• 1.zip
    300 bytes · Views: 0