[Crash] Two characters now unplayable

Dyne

Green Slime
My first character I had logged out in the Flying Temple shortly after defeating the Phase dude, and that save file just crashes my game immediately. The second character is in the Pumpkin Woods and he crashes anytime I pick up assorted loot from the enemies in Pumpkin Woods. I'm happy to help by providing more information, if needed! Just let me know :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Are you playing the Stable version or the Frontline version? Does it crash with "the game deaded" or the windows crash popup?

Own

Did this only start happening after the recent update went out?

(Whoa, this accidentally posted like 5 times at once. Wtf? That keeps happening.)

Dyne

Green Slime
Are you playing the Stable version or the Frontline version? Does it crash with "the game deaded" or the windows crash popup?
I just got the game last night, so whatever the default steam version is. And @Own yea this started happening this morning, after the little mini update.

Edit: Also, Arcade Mode seems to always crash for me after clearing the second floor.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Have you tried restarting Steam? I think I see your error reports, and it's the Steam DLL that's crashing because it can't access the Steam backend to check the achievements!

This is, of course, a bug with the game as well since the game should be able to handle Steam being unavailable!

Dyne

Green Slime
Have you tried restarting Steam? I think I see your error reports, and it's the Steam DLL that's crashing because it can't access the Steam backend to check the achievements!

This is, of course, a bug with the game as well since the game should be able to handle Steam being unavailable!
Yup that worked! Good to know, thank you!