Deadly crash

galactictuna

Green Slime
Hello y'all.
A few minutes ago, while playing history mode, I tried to change the game graphics option, to set it from fullscreen to windowed mode. When I did, the game crashed and an error message showed up. When I opened the game, I lost *ALL* my progress.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey!

That's weird, and that sucks! You should hopefully be able to restore a backup following the steps below:

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters. Go into the appropriate folder. The auto 0-4 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “005h” and alike are permanent backups made every hour.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the “Characters” and/or “Worlds” folders. Replace the save file of the slot you want to recover by deleting its save and renaming the copied backup to the correct slot. The 0 save file corresponds to your first save slot, 1 to the second, and so forth.