Destructible items. (Crates,Vases,Tall Grass)

Hobo

Rabby
  • What you liked the least: By the end of Startington and entering into Evergrind City I had completely stopped hacking and slashing the tall grass and boxes, the drops feel bland and most of the time they're empty which i'm fine with but on the off chance I slash them open, I only get loot appropriate items such as an apple or a jar shard which I cannot do anything with (to my knowledge) it just feels for a SNES-esque game there should at least be a minuscule amount of currency being dropped from destructible items around the map.

I thought I would post this as individual feedback, I believe my quote summarizes my own general opinion on that they seem bland and lacking ( yes yes, I know this is beta )

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The apples can be used to feed your pets! Same goes for Berries dropped by the grass or bushes (whichever it is). Jar shards would be weird if they didn't drop IMO since if you break a jar you don't get nothing. ;) Sticks had a function before but the devs changed their mind and just left them in the game. Getting loot is fun so don't remove it. :p

Fred

Developer
Staff member
Every drop in the game will have some kind of purpose in the end, that goes for the sticks and jar shards as well. Adding a minor gold drop to the destructibles seems like a valid suggestion as well, gold is always nice! I'll talk about it with the rest of the guys!

Hobo

Rabby
The apples can be used to feed your pets! Same goes for Berries dropped by the grass or bushes (whichever it is). Jar shards would be weird if they didn't drop IMO since if you break a jar you don't get nothing. ;) Sticks had a function before but the devs changed their mind and just left them in the game. Getting loot is fun so don't remove it. :p
Yes I do agree, hoarding is fun, I was merely questioning if there was more intended for the destructible items.

Every drop in the game will have some kind of purpose in the end, that goes for the sticks and jar shards as well. Adding a minor gold drop to the destructibles seems like a valid suggestion as well, gold is always nice! I'll talk about it with the rest of the guys!
That's quite reassuring to hear! I was just concerned with how many of the Destructibles were empty, it makes getting loot from them more fulfilling one could assume.

Antar

Green Slime
The problem, in my opinion, about gold drops from crates and pots is that you could essentially leave and re-enter an area without monsters and just keep farming gold.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Imagine having 2 coins dropping every single time! You would be rich by the end of next year! ;)