Diagonal Speed Faster - Probably not intentional?

Azpher-Omega

Green Slime
Short Answer: When you move diagonally, movement speed is way faster than moving up, down, left, or right. Unless this is intentional, this is an oversight. I feel like I should give more information, but I feel it's obvious once it's pointed out? Not sure how else to help report it.

Long Answer: Recently been learning how to program in Godot, making an RPG, and the person doing the tutorial was talking about how moving diagonally was faster, something to do with pythagoras and vectors basically making movement speed a square and not a circle, and he talked about how to fix that and stuff.
Like a month later, I go to play a game I haven't played in years, this lovely game, and what do you know, the diagonal speed is extremely noticeably faster! To the point it's really bothering me, it makes the controls very slippy. Probably not intentional.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Since that movement is completely unchanged since the last 7 years you can be sure, that it is intended.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
If you want the behavior you're describing, you can type /diagonal in the in-game chat!

Trivia: there used to be a /perspective command as well, where the perspective was compensated (basically making the character move along the Y axis at about 55% velocity) but unlike with the vector normalization it rendered the game actually impossible so it was removed :D