Dodging Strike on Hard against Boars is uselsss

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
So I tried to use the Dodging Strike agains the Boars when playing on the Hard difficulty and I couldn't find a way to use it since the Boars attack range is to long and even if I jump back they reach me and stop me from attacking. I suggest a slight increase of the movment backwards as I like the Boars as they are. :p
I know that I could use other spells or just attack them normally but what's the point in having useless skills? (Chain Lightning I'm looking at you too...)

ark626

I would recommend an alternation of the dodging strike where you can select in which direction you will dodge.

GarlicJelly

I would recommend an alternation of the dodging strike where you can select in which direction you will dodge.
I think that sounds pretty hard to land as the Boars attack forward and you would miss your attack, same goes for Slimes, Rabbys and Brawler Bots as they all move forward when they attack and if you move in another direction and jump back to your starting position you will most likely miss your attack and waste "Energy" (it's called Mana ok?!).

ark626

I think if you dodge you can easily hold the button to leave it charged and walk to the enemie so you will hit.
The dodging is for doubling the DMG but you can hold the charge+ the dodge dmg by holding the button and walk freely around

GarlicJelly

I challange you to use Dodging Strike against a Boar and jump in another direction than he is attacking and then move to attack him. On Hard ofc. It sounds easy but trust me, not that easy.. :D

ark626

YOu cant dodge into a direction you want to XD thats a thing i want to change.
Currently it only dodges backwards BUT

i suggest it dodges in a direction you press to (so the dodging is more dynamic)

GarlicJelly

You don't need the perfect dodge thing for my challange. Just do it normally. You can do that in any direction. I know what you are saying but you're making the skill even harder for me. XD

ark626

AH you mean because the boar starts a second attack before you reach him when charged for attackin him?

GarlicJelly

Not really but... That too! The skill should be simple to use and right now it is, it's just that against the Hard Boars it's not working at all. The whole point with the skill is that you move quickly but if we're starting to walk around (which slows us down) the skill loses it's purpose. To dodge in other directions seems like a really hard thing to master and Dodging Strike would become the most difficult skill to use in the game (if it isn't already!). Keep it easy for me and the casuals. :D

ark626

WHy would it be difficult to press the dodgekey and if wanted a direction key to dogde into?
Just press 2 buttons instead of 1 IF wanted if not dodge backwards

ark626

THere would be another cool way

Hold the skillbutton. IF you press a directionkey an evasion into that direction will be made. (like a jump into that direction) you will face into the direction you evaded from
If you release the skillbutton a strike into the front of the char will be made.
Example
Press and hold evadeskillkey.
Press down to perform the evasion.
Player facing ANY direction evades downward will result into Player facing UP

If you release the Evadeskillkey after an evasion you do the dash thing.

This would be very easy to do because in MOST of the games it is like that. Press 2 keys to do an evasion move.

Donald

Rabby
So I tried to use the Dodging Strike agains the Boars when playing on the Hard difficulty and I couldn't find a way to use it since the Boars attack range is to long and even if I jump back they reach me and stop me from attacking. I suggest a slight increase of the movment backwards as I like the Boars as they are. :p
I know that I could use other spells or just attack them normally but what's the point in having useless skills? (Chain Lightning I'm looking at you too...)
Preach that holy word brother.
Amen.

Pharabo

Green Slime
In my opinion Dodge Strike is a really powerfull and cool skill. With the perfect timing this skill is like a Perfect Guard with an immense damage. Sadly it doesnt have any protection against enemys which leap forwards like our best friend Mr. Boar.

But I have 2 suggestion that could fix it.

1. With a perfect timing like doing a Perfect Guard your character should be granted some invincible frames. That way you could use it on every enemy. If you dodge a projectile with this skill you will just slash trough it, without taking damage. Good timing will be rewarded, bad timing will be punished.

2. After a perfect Dodge Strike you will recover your mana and be able to use another full charged skill. Example: perfect Dodge Strike without slashing forward by holding down the button and pressing another skill like Earth Spike. Now your charge of the Dodge Strike will be transfered to the Earth Spike. BOOM Earth Spike Silver/Gold.
There is a great possibility. Dodging Strike + Piercing Dash / Blade Flurry / Earth Spike / Fire Ball..... Of course the damage should be increased or you could just use your normal perfect guard with the shield.
(edit: sadly you cant use Dodging Strike with a 2h weapon :( )
This way even mage character could have a use for this skill.
Mana should only recover by doing a perfect Dodging Strike, now you ask why? The mana consum would be far too high if you combine them all or it wouldnt be possible.

+ Maybe an after image after a Perfect Dodging Strike? Just for style.
Some other solutions?
Sorry for my engrisch :p

Last edited:

Aurophobia

Halloweed
I don't see why it's hard to grasp the concept of the fact that you can dodge strike in any direction. Since it makes you backstep and you want to go down, face up and use dodge strike. You want to go up, you say? Face down and use dodge strike.

I think there should be more reward to the move, as I think it's still useless compared to how fast you already walk in the game / perfect guarding.