Dynamic positioning of Solid Companions (Frosty Friend)

Rokker

Halloweed
I initially wanted to post this in the bug section with a [Gameplay]-tag since it's disturbing the gameplay experience, but i'm not really sure if it's worth calling a bug.

Issue:
I feel that Solid Companions (such as Frosty Friend) should have smarter dynamic positioning when entering an area.

Frosty Friend will always position himself South of the player when entering a new area. I've found no exceptions to this.
This causes none or very few issues when the entrances/exits to the areas are to the West or East.
But when the exit is North or South this can cause quite a lot of irritation, especially when grinding in areas with fixed spawns as targets and leaving/reentering rooms just to reset them.

Proposed solutions:
  • If going North/South position Frosty Friend West or East of character.
- or -
  • Make Frosty Friend non solid when entering an area. Frosty Friend should become solid upon his first movement, allowing players to pass through companions when entering a new area.
Here is a demonstration of the issue:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, we completely agree! For the next patch, this will be changed so that he spawns slightly southeast of the player, which should result in a slight bump at the worst.