Elite Monsters - increase their spawn rate (singleplayer) and related unique item drops

Original idea came when I read this thread

I agree with the "Uncommon-Rare Random Spawn chance" and "Only found in certain areas, perhaps on a respawn timer".

Suggestion:
The "Uncommon-Rare Random Spawn chance" to all in general, but with a change to appear a little bigger then what it is now. If I remember, on exception for the ones we need to find to complete a quest, i found and killed only 2 other elite ones in all of my playthroughs in SP. For example, instead of an appearance rate of 0.5% or 1%, make the elite monsters rate of appearance go up to, meabe, 2% to 4% max.

The real suggestion :p:
To spice things up, if possible, make them just drop special items related only to them. I know all monster have already special low rate items they drop. But you can make the elite version rate of appearance to be the same as that special item, and make only the elite version have an 100% rate to drop that special item. This way, for both the special item and the elite enemie, their appearance and drop rarity is still in effect.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Let me see if I get this right. Make the elite spawn rate low but give the elite a 100% drop chance for a cool item that is special to that elite. The elites spawn rate is controlling the rarity of the item and not the drop chance. Seems like a pretty cool idea.

The first thing that comes to mind is to have the elites that follow this idea to drop recipies for cosmetic items. The cosmetic recipies for items like hats and facegear (maybe items for your house as well?) that have an ingredient that drop from the normal version of the elite monster would have a 50%-100% chance to drop from the elite version. I know that we've had a discussion somewhere here on the forum about gathering the recepies for craftable items and I feel like this would be one of the great ways to implement this idea into the game. 5/5!

Let me see if I get this right. Make the elite spawn rate low but give the elite a 100% drop chance for a cool item that is special to that elite. The elites spawn rate is controlling the rarity of the item and not the drop chance. Seems like a pretty cool idea.

you are not wrong, thats other way to say it :)

additionally, i am saying that the Elite spawn rate % is way too low. Seems to be much more lower then the drop rate of the special items (when we kill a normal enemy).

I know the game its too small, yet why it is a lot more rare to find a Elite, in comparison of when we kill a normal enemy and we find a special item?

I know the game its too small, yet why it is a lot more rare to find a Elite, in comparison of when we kill a normal enemy and we find a special item?
I agree with you here. The spawn rates are way to low, I have every enemy item from normal enemies except for 1 item however, the only elite versions of mobs I have seen is when the story introduced them to you. Even when I play on the hard difficulty I can't find any elite mobs except for those which appear for the quest.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
I agree that the spawn rate for the elites are a bit low in singleplayer at the moment, something we will adjust in the coming update. As for special items only dropped by the elites, we'll see. If the spawn rate stayed the same as they are now I wouldn't be opposed it but if they appeard more frequently I would rather save those special drops for the Microbosses. But we'll see, if we end up with a ton of items we don't have a home for, the elites would be a good candidate!

thanks for the replay and consideration of the idea.

anyway, I don't mind if the spawn rate of the Elites is lower then the drop rate of the special items I spoke above.

Just don't make them so low that its pratically impossible to find them in singleplayer campaign, like what is happening now.

Edit: changed this thread title for a better one

Last edited: