Enemy spawning is different in Mt. Bloom

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm not sure whether this is intentional, but there seems to have been some changes to the way enemy spawning works in Mt. Bloom compared to other areas. In the south east of the first room you encounter (the only place to farm Toxic Tulips) a Toxic Tulip spawns as you walk near the farming area. Normally you have to kill all of the enemies in an area before respawning triggers, but not here apparently o_O

This might be speculation, but there feels like each enemy has its own spawn cap, instead of there being an area specific spawn cap. Although I believe some enemies have spawn caps in larger areas (Halloweeds are the only one I'm certain of), it seems like that could be the case for all enemies except Shroomies, which doesn't work in my head :confused:

Is spawning supposed to work this way? Was it intended as a change as an experiment to see if people liked it or not? If so it hasn't come across that way to me because I haven't heard anything about it. So, am I blind or have we hit another bug?