Expanding Achievements, more achievements?

taylzx

Green Slime
Currently there are only 7 achievements, I would be expecting to see a lot more when the game is developed further, I have a few ideas for achievements as well as having request to add expanding information for certain achievements such as the fishing ones, so that users are able to keep track of which fish they have caught ect.

Boss slayer: Kill 100 Bosses; Reward: Cosmetic mask (Dragon mask?)

Obviously card Novice is already there so, Card Intermediate and Card Master could also be achievements? Aslo reduce the amount of gold rewarded from Card Novice please, gives way too much gold (1000?).
Card intermediate; reward: Either 2000 gold or materials towards a crafting item?
Card Master; reward: The collector's backpack (Cosmetic backpack, a bear or a slime or something?)

Leveling Talents:
Level 10; reward: 1 talent point
Level 20; reward: 5 talent points
Level 30; reward: 10 talent points

Breaking the bank (Collect 250,000 coins; Reward: A sword made of gold coins(Not sure on the stats or if cosmetic)

ofcourse these are just ideas, I will be updating and making sprites for them in time :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
First of all I just want to point some things out. There won't be any cosmetic weapons (meaning you can't equip a weapon to change the look of another weapon) and the same goes for a backpack. The reason for this is because the way the animations are made in this game requires Fred to make a new version of the animation with that item for every variation of clothing. This is also why we can't see the armor we equip because that would take ages to add to the game.

Now that we've gotten that out of the way I wanna share my opinion on this, which is a positive one. :)

Boss Slayer sounds like an awesome achievement and your reward suggestion sounds cool. 10/10

The card achievements seem like a pretty obvious choise to add to the list. Maybe Card Master could reward you with a magical album for your cards that doubles the stats of all your cards?

Recieving rewards for leveling up should IMO not be rewarded by more talent points if it's an achievement. Recieving enough gold at level 10, 20, 30 and so on to respec 1 talent point would seem like a better reward. If you don't spend the gold on your talents then maybe you can buy some new armor to fit your level? But best of all would be to not have rewards for leveling in up. Reaching level 20 is in itself a reward. :p

Breaking the Bank sounds like a fun achievement. I would like to see a Coin Bag as a cosmetic headgear for the reward. :D

GarlicJelly

Pet Tamer and Pet Master: Achievements for taming 3 pets and all the pets.

HATS!!!!: An achievement for acquiring all the hats in the game. :p

Treasure Hunter: Find 10 treasures.

Fabulous!: Try on 10 different hats.

Style King: Match 3 items of the same style. Eg, Pumpkin Mask, Shawl and Smashlight.

GarlicJelly

Hoarder: Gather 10 000 material items. :p (Actually not impossible. I counted and I have gethered 4341 items on my "main" character and I'm not counting the 21422 items I farmed when AFK farming was still a thing. I have around 60 hours played on that character so you can see roughly how long it would take to complete.)

The End: Complete the story.

Sidetracked: Complete all the side quests.

Beat the Elite: Defeat 1 Elite Monsters.

War Veteran: Defeat 100 Elite Monsters.

Pokémon Master: Fill in all the information about all the enemies in the Codex. :p

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Well, that escalated quickly...

Clever - Solve 10 puzzles = much Exp
Genius - Solve 80 puzzles = sooo much Exp
Indecisive - Learn one skill for each element
Ambivalent - Learn 2 melee skills both for one-handed and two-handed weapons = some universal weapon?
Deathdealing - Deal 500 damage in one hit
Death Himself - Deal 1000 damage in one hit
Perfect Combo - Deal 10 critical hits in a row = item increases crit value
Weak Defense - Break your shield 50 times = accessory that boosts Shield HP
Cat Would Die Just Now - Die 9 times
Never Give Up - Die 40 times = accessory that helps to avoid death
Plague - Kill 1000 enemies
Bane of All Life - Kill 10000 enemies
Nimble - Defeat 25 enemies of your level and don't get hit
Like a Ninja - Defeat 100 enemies of your level and don't get hit
I Hate Hate Hate Slimes! - Kill 250 slimes of any type
Helpful - Complete 15 quests
Big-Hearted - Complete 50 quests
Grind Expert - Collect 1000 dropped items
Forever Only Grind - Collect 10000 dropped items
Magic Master - Kill 30 enemies of your level within one minute using only magic skills
Overkill! - Deal damage equal 20 times of enemy's max HP (probably killing slime with endgame eq, lol)
Ranger - Kill 50 enemies using a bow = bow upgrade?
Need a Backup - Collect 200 arrows = quiver upgrade
Fire/Ice/Earth/Air User - Obtain a silver charge with all <element> spells = wand that boosts damage with <element> (sounds like NG+ needed for all)
Expert - Fully develop one skill
Master - Fully develop five skills (or all, but that's probably NG+)
Battle Veteran - Defeat 5 bosses on Hard
Legendary Warrior - Defeat all bosses on Hard (maybe only from Memory Room)
Arena Beginner - Get S rank on one arena challenge
Arena God - Get S rank on all arena challenges
Newbie - Get C rank on arena challenge
Completing a Bestiary - Kill 40 enemies of different kind
Need the Loot - Get every drop from 10 enemies
Really Need the Loot - Get every drop from 50 enemies
Spelunker - Find 5 secret areas
Adventurer - Unlock 10 map entries
Fast Travel - Unlock 7 teleport plates
Maybe Not - Cancel a spell 20 times
Strong Blow - Use 50 silver charged skills
Saving Shield - Perfect Guard 100 times
Shopaholic - Buy 500 items
I Don't Need That - Sell 250 items
How Do They Pay? - Sell 30 rare items
Chicken Molester - Hit a chicken 50 times //reference to Epic Battle Fantasy 4, actually same achievement name
Revenge of the Fowl - Hit a chicken 1000 times = Secret Chicken Boss
That Was Close - Shield from attack that would kill you, crushing the shield
Immortal - Reach 1000 max HP
Assassin - Reach over 75% crit chance
Stalker - Talk 30 times in a row to the same NPC
I Like This One - Craft the same item 25 times
Waster - Don't collect 100 items dropped from enemies
Fisherman - Catch 100 fish
Healthy - Collect 120 Health Orbs
Return to Sender - Kill enemy with it's own projectile
YOLO - Start a boss battle with less than 10% HP
Dark Side - Try to attack an NPC
Talented - Fully develop a talent
Multi-Talented - Fully develop 10 talents
Wrong Decisions - Refund 5 points
Full of Regrets - Refund 30 points
Know Your Place, Peaseant! - Lose to Marino
I'm not Addicted! - Drink 50 potions
Whatever - Don't do anything and get killed (start with full HP)
Destiny Bond - Make enemy die after he kills you //reference to move from Pokemon
Lazy - Make your summons kill 50 enemies for you

For some achievements, it would make sense to give a hint instead of a clear target (eg. for Stalker - Your like talking... to one person.). Then full description would be unlocked after gaining achievement.

BTW, someone could also make an arena challenge suggestion topic.

GarlicJelly

Well, that escalated quickly...

Clever - Solve 10 puzzles = much Exp
Genius - Solve 80 puzzles = sooo much Exp
Indecisive - Learn one skill for each element
Ambivalent - Learn 2 melee skills both for one-handed and two-handed weapons = some universal weapon?
Deathdealing - Deal 500 damage in one hit
Death Himself - Deal 1000 damage in one hit
Perfect Combo - Deal 10 critical hits in a row = item increases crit value
Weak Defense - Break your shield 50 times = accessory that boosts Shield HP
Cat Would Die Just Now - Die 9 times
Never Give Up - Die 40 times = accessory that helps to avoid death
Plague - Kill 1000 enemies
Bane of All Life - Kill 10000 enemies
Nimble - Defeat 25 enemies of your level and don't get hit
Like a Ninja - Defeat 100 enemies of your level and don't get hit
I Hate Hate Hate Slimes! - Kill 250 slimes of any type
Helpful - Complete 15 quests
Big-Hearted - Complete 50 quests
Grind Expert - Collect 1000 dropped items
Forever Only Grind - Collect 10000 dropped items
Magic Master - Kill 30 enemies of your level within one minute using only magic skills
Overkill! - Deal damage equal 20 times of enemy's max HP (probably killing slime with endgame eq, lol)
Ranger - Kill 50 enemies using a bow = bow upgrade?
Need a Backup - Collect 200 arrows = quiver upgrade
Fire/Ice/Earth/Air User - Obtain a silver charge with all <element> spells = wand that boosts damage with <element> (sounds like NG+ needed for all)
Expert - Fully develop one skill
Master - Fully develop five skills (or all, but that's probably NG+)
Battle Veteran - Defeat 5 bosses on Hard
Legendary Warrior - Defeat all bosses on Hard (maybe only from Memory Room)
Arena Beginner - Get S rank on one arena challenge
Arena God - Get S rank on all arena challenges
Newbie - Get C rank on arena challenge
Completing a Bestiary - Kill 40 enemies of different kind
Need the Loot - Get every drop from 10 enemies
Really Need the Loot - Get every drop from 50 enemies
Spelunker - Find 5 secret areas
Adventurer - Unlock 10 map entries
Fast Travel - Unlock 7 teleport plates
Maybe Not - Cancel a spell 20 times
Strong Blow - Use 50 silver charged skills
Saving Shield - Perfect Guard 100 times
Shopaholic - Buy 500 items
I Don't Need That - Sell 250 items
How Do They Pay? - Sell 30 rare items
Chicken Molester - Hit a chicken 50 times //reference to Epic Battle Fantasy 4, actually same achievement name
Revenge of the Fowl - Hit a chicken 1000 times = Secret Chicken Boss
That Was Close - Shield from attack that would kill you, crushing the shield
Immortal - Reach 1000 max HP
Assassin - Reach over 75% crit chance
Stalker - Talk 30 times in a row to the same NPC
I Like This One - Craft the same item 25 times
Waster - Don't collect 100 items dropped from enemies
Fisherman - Catch 100 fish
Healthy - Collect 120 Health Orbs
Return to Sender - Kill enemy with it's own projectile
YOLO - Start a boss battle with less than 10% HP
Dark Side - Try to attack an NPC
Talented - Fully develop a talent
Multi-Talented - Fully develop 10 talents
Wrong Decisions - Refund 5 points
Full of Regrets - Refund 30 points
Know Your Place, Peaseant! - Lose to Marino
I'm not Addicted! - Drink 50 potions
Whatever - Don't do anything and get killed (start with full HP)
Destiny Bond - Make enemy die after he kills you //reference to move from Pokemon
Lazy - Make your summons kill 50 enemies for you

For some achievements, it would make sense to give a hint instead of a clear target (eg. for Stalker - Your like talking... to one person.). Then full description would be unlocked after gaining achievement.

BTW, someone could also make an arena challenge suggestion topic.
Holy crap! You sure had a lot of ideas. XD
I'm just gonna suggest that the achievements that you put "of your level" should be based of if you get exp from that enemy. Enemies have a level but that level doesn't really follow the same pattern as the players levels. :p

Own

I personally dislike 'chore' achievements that aren't really achievements. Things you have to go out of your way to do that require no skill or have no meaningful interaction with gameplay. I prefer ones that require skill or incentivize the player into learning something new, or incentivizing them to check something out.

'Break your shield # times' = A negative, and also not something achieved.
'Sell # items' = Mindlessly selling vast numbers of items, also encourages people to sell useful items they might rather have wanted to feed to a pet or craft with, without realizing.
'(Anything that involves purposely dying)'
'(Anything that involves mindlessly repeating the same basic action over and over)'

It's the difference between 'Catch 1 of every fish in the game' and 'Catch 1,000 fish', or 'Shieldbreak 10 times' and 'Deal 1,000 damage with reflected projeciles'. Breaking your shield is a consequence to playing poorly, dealing damage with reflected projectiles requires skill and is something skillful players will do naturally over the events of the game. That said, I can think of a few.

Return To Sender as referenced above, but - 'Deal # damage with reflected projectiles'.
Stop Hitting Yourself - Kill # enemies with reflected projectiles.
Signed, Sealed, Delivered - Kill a boss with a reflected projectile. (Currently only possible vs Phaseman?)
Riposte - Achieve a Perfect Block against # different types of enemies. (Teaches players how to memorize all enemy patterns, good for arcade.)
Backlash - Without taking damage, kill # enemies in a row by chaining a shield block into a shieldblock'd critical strike.
Chatterbox - Talk to # different Grindeans. (Incentivizes talking to absolutely everyone in the game, going in every house, etc)
Big Game Hunter - Slay # different types of elite mobs.
Elemental Harmony - Have one spell of all four elements active simultaneously. (Not sure about this one, could be annoying since it requires some combination of Bees/Plant, Snowbuddy, Cloud and a fire spell on screen at once. More of a puzzle-achievement to figure out how to do this than anything.)

mr. nails

Rabby
/signed

So many great ideas. I for one approve of more achievements. For me, achievements prolong the game to a certain extent. They perhaps give me an incentive to do things I otherwise wouldn't. Whether those things are something I could care less about and then ended up loving or things that help me understand game play elements I'd otherwise not participate in.

GarlicJelly

I agree with Own that having achievements for things that are negative (eg, 100 deaths or breaking your shield 120 times) shouldn't be encouraged by the game. In Binding Of Isaac there is an achievement for 99 deaths (or 100 I think) and the really good players had to farm deaths to get that which in my opinion is stupied. Farming deaths could be the most boring thing of all time because you are encouraged to NOT play the game the way it's meant to be played, it's always try to get as far as you can WITHOUT dying.

Last edited:
Swordmaster - Collect every sword in the game (except one, would be given through achievement)

Bowmaster - Find the best bow!

Skillful Blademaster - Unlock the Gold Charge on all the One-Handed Sword Skills

Skillful Legend - Unlock the Gold Charge on all the Two-Handed Sword Skills

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Skillful Blademaster - Unlock the Gold Charge on all the One-Handed Sword Skills

Skillful Legend - Unlock the Gold Charge on all the Two-Handed Sword Skills
I wonder if this will be possible.

Obvious stuff like

- Card Captor (Sakura?) -- Obtain every Card
-- Catch every Fish (but no achievements for every region)
-- Gather 1M money (not sure if 1M in total, or in the "bank")

Own

Grindymon Apprentice - Tame any 4 pets. (Reward: A very familiar white and red cap.) http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17700000/Ash-ash-ketchum-17729805-640-480.jpg

Honorary Dwarf - Dig up any # treasure maps. (Reward: Simon's hat. Or a difficult treasure map leading to Simon's hat.)

Sniper - Finish 50 enemies off with arrows across a single Arcade run. (Reward: Robin's hat.)

Blockhead - Kill Boss and Block at the same time in the Arcade. (No farther than 1 second apart.) (Reward: A square-shaped Minecraft-esque head vanity item.) (Or maybe for killing Block while Boss still has 50%+ HP. I only ever saw Elite Boss once, and that was going out of my way to seeit.)

Megabouncer- Kill Phaseman without attacking, using only reflected projectiles. (Reward: A familiar blue helmet.http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...MegaMan.png/revision/latest?cb=20100720141331 )

Own

Jack of All Trades - Use every skill and spell at least once in Arcade Mode. Reward: 10 Essence.

Master of All - Use every skill and spell at Silver Charge level at least once in Arcade Mode. Reward: 50 Essence?

Ultimate Power - Use any skill or spell at Gold Charge at least once.