Fan Art from China

TsReaper

Boar
I'm not the creator of these fan arts. The creator of these fan arts is 二狗现在十分蛋疼 (steam nickname), and I post this thread on behalf of him as he is not quite good at English. He is also the creator of the video series about some amusing bugs in the game (click this link to view).

-------------------------------------------------------

First comes the portrait of his very own character -- Arikportrait0.character.png
portrait0.png
portrait0.textbox.png

A gif showing the progress (really reminds me of Vilya's working blogs).
portrait0.progress.gif

And a full-length picture. Sweet girl, isn't she?
portrait0.fulllength.png

Now comes Arik's elder sister. A mighty female fighter who doesn't talk much. Quite fit for Luke, I suppose.
portrait1.png

A gif showing the progress.
portrait1.progress.gif

And finally, a message from the original creator of these arts to the developers:

Hi! I'm from China, and I'm a big fan of Secrets of Grindea. I really love the story and the art style of the game, so I begin to try my hand at creating some fan arts (don't you think it a good way to make the characters in your mind go live?). If it doesn't bother you or make you unhappy, could you please make these characters into the game? You can put them anywhere you like, even at a very unnoticeable corner (Of course, you can also make a hidden easter egg room for them -- if you don't feel it improper :)).
I really really love this game!
-- My steam nickname is 二狗现在十分蛋疼, and I really hope to hear your reply! It will make me really proud!

Original text:
你好,我是一名中国人,并且也是位格兰蒂亚秘闻的狂热爱好者——我十分喜欢它的剧情以及绘画风格!也因此,我也尝试开始着手一些关于这个游戏的同人作品(嘿,难道你不觉得这个游戏用来将自己脑海中构成的角色付诸于设计的完善非常合适吗?)!哈哈,如果这不会给你们带来些许麻烦,也不会让你们不太开心的话,能请你们把这些家伙放进游戏里头吗?你们能把TA们放到任意一个地方,哪怕是一个最最不起眼的犄角旮旯(当然,你们也可以制作一个隐蔽的彩蛋房间——如果不会你们觉得不适的话(笑))!
我真的很爱这个游戏。
——我的steamID是“二狗现在十分蛋疼”,希望能收到你们的回信,这会让我十分自豪的,拜托了!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Indeed, that's some high quality fan art right there! Please forward our compliments to the creator (we're happy to hear he's enjoying the game so much, and we also like those bug videos he created) :D

As for adding people's characters into the game, it's not something we feel comfortable doing, partly because we used to have a donation incentive for giving people NPCs (so adding someone for free might make them feel ripped off), and also because it would be hard telling one person yes and another person no.

(on a tangent topic: for personal satisfaction I think soft modding the game by replacing a portrait and some sprites would be pretty easy - like, replacing one of the school kids or something)