Farming

BunnyEditor

Green Slime
Greetings! I would like to point out something I've noticed.
So, as I've been playing through the game, I have observed people such as Candy and Remedi having their own gardens of the sort, which I assumed they used to brew their concoctions. I have also noticed that in Evergrind Field: West, there is an empty farm plot!
Now I'm going to assume that there is something in store for this farm plot, but an idea arose while I walked past it. Maybe the farm plot could be used to create ingredients needed to make potions?
Now, I've already seen a flaw with this, Remedi is going to go out of business if we make our own potions! However, what if Remedi ran out of ingredients to create his potions?
Maybe a side quest could appear that required us to get ingredients for him, so he could make more potions, maybe even stronger ones (Like tier 1, tier 2, etc.)! And who says that he might not be able to discover a wider variety of potions with different effects?
Now this can (and probably will) add a certain degree of difficulty to the game, but hey! Challenges are (usually) fun!

If this idea is taken into consideration and rejected, I have another one!
As we all (or most) of us know, we can feed our pets certain items for bonus stats! Since the farm plot was conveniently placed near the man who gives you a pet, I thought: Hey! Why can't we grow items that can possibly accelerate our pet's growth? I can understand that there needs to be other uses for miscellaneous items such as fish, as their only practical use (as of now) is to get achievements and feed your pet. But, maybe the new items can be essential to their diet? You know, add more of a challenge.

Just wanted to throw that out there. Thanks for reading!

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for your suggestions!
The farmlands will be used to grow all manner of things in the future! I have even heard rumors of an elusive "weapon plant" (which sounds kind of dangerous to me).. We have actually made the graphic assets for this system already, but it's kind of low priority to implement right now, code wise! We'll see when it gets done :)