[Feedback] Arcade mode - Chicken Herding (Challenge)

Hozuki

Green Slime
Another feedback post by me:

I found myself frustrated with these as the chickens sometimes tend to get stuck in a corner and are extremely hard to remove as they then just stick close to the edge of the walkable space from which I can't seem to remove them. Am I missing something?

I would suggest slight changes in their behavior maybe, like making them "want" to avoid the corners of maps and make them walk slightly away from them? I have no idea on how hard that would be to program.

This screen shows one of the maps, and here the problem was that on chicken was caught in the corner between the edge of the map and the tree and when I walked into there it fled into the corner between the rock and the edge so I couldn't remove it. As time was running low I could not experiment with this further.
chicken.png

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I find the best way to remove chickens from corners is to essentially force yourself behind them. Your movement rigidity is much stronger than theirs, so you will always take priority moving into the corner. If you hit them you get a positive feedback loop that works in your favour, whereby moving underneath them and behind them makes them move out further, allowing you to move in further behind them.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
You could probably hit the chicken from the side and then run around the rock to make it move away from there.

The other one could probably be moved towards the tree and from there you could walk into the corner, behind the chicken and hit it once more to make it move out. It's a little bit difficult but most certainly challenging. :p

Hozuki

Green Slime
This is not a screengap of the exact spot they were stuck though.

Edit: But it seems I just need to learn it more then

Snoochy42

Green Slime
Attack the chicken that is stuck against that rock, then run above and left of the rock, the chicken will run down, then you can come back around to the chicken and slap it around properly.