(Feedback / Suggestion?) Actual card duels

Thalldor

Green Slime
So, with the implementation of cards that are obtained from monsters I was wondering if there could be an actual card dueling system which would even further increase the value of obtaining the cards and "collecting 'em all". I saw the guy in the main town that is simply ignored that says "How about a game of cards?" And that peaked my interests but it was simply ignored or noted as a joke but I for one would find it interesting to see an implementation of a card battle system which is not forced on the player but as an optional thingy that they can do so people who like card games would also be intrigued by this game as well. There could simply be a coop card battle duel system as well with players that have an amount of cards... I do know about the fact though that some battles may be uneven though due to the fact that the game have a limited amount of cards currently due to being early but perhaps there can only be a max of X amount of cards and stuff. There can also be NPCs that you could be able to duel to receive some sort of reward (No not cards as cards value would diminish) It would simply be a fun little mechanic adding a bit more lively stuff to the game and making the cards even more interesting.

Some stuff I've thought of about the cards is that every card has its own little mechanic (Kinda like how it does on the field) meaning if someone had a green slime in the deck (The strongest weakest monster in the game) Would still have value as it could still do something but because it is indeed the weakest monster in the game it would have low HP and stuff but could be for example if that card was to die it would do something to the other card depending how the card mechanics are setup... That's another thing is that this would require to think of some unique board mechanics that is different from other card games and stuff.

If this feedback / suggestion thing peaked the interest of any moderator or something I could extend my ideas and possible board mechanics for this idea as this idea is simply on its basic form as I can easily extend on this but I don't want words to simply go to waste...

Edit: Because some people may have more cards than others, if there was to be a quick match system for people wanting to duel the system could count the number of cards a person has and would pair them up with the best canident to lower uneven duels, or it could be on win rate or what ever but it should be balanced as no card is more over powered than the next, each has a unique ability but if both players have (Lets say 20 cards being the max to actually partake in card dueling) it would make every match even no matter what and would only be on skill.

I'm sure that you can implement this lore wise as well like something around like "When a collector gets old enough they'll play against each other with the cards that they found in their youth to waste the time." Or some stuff like that or what ever.

Edit 2: Although if the implementation of a match finder is too difficult then there could just be a dueling spot or what ever for players to duel at for when they enter coop story mode or something.

Thank you for your time

--Green Slime

Last edited: