Finding a post about NPCs with player skills/spells?

Own

A while back I remember seeing one of the devs say something about making an NPC body with heads that could be adjusted to offer a wide range of different characters for players to fight, giving them various skills and spells that normally only players get in order to make them a challenge.

Can anyone help me find that?

Also, I'm curious for when and where this is planned, assuming it hasn't been cut. Arcade Mode seems like it would be infinitely more fun if you had the potential to run into another character flying around spewing Flamethrower, or Throwing their weapon at you. Or a small group of them all with their own complimentary skills and spells.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I think the body in question was supposed to be a person in collector attire with a palette swappable head which we put hair and hats on.

Don't know where the original thread was though.

While it will be decently smooth sailing to put those guys into every corner of the game once they are all set up, actually making the template is a pretty massive undertaking, especially for me. This is at least wishlist territory, if not "update after release" even!

Fred's ambitions (it was originally his idea) about these things were that they would run around the countryside in Story Mode and farming, and you could challenge them (and many other collectors) to battle. Very cool, very time consuming!

Own

Ah, I thought it was going to be a part of the original storyline at some point, fighting your fellow Collectors for some reason or another.

I guess it's reassuring to know they're not ordered to take you down at some point. :D I think the biggest problem with that idea, though, is that there's... not really a 'countryside' in Story Mode to stumble across Collector's in. There's no real dedicated, large area for general monster hunting. At least, not at the moment. West Evergrind is mostly populated by farmland, South Evergrind is populated as well, East Evergrind is a really small screen. It would be kinda neat if there was some large area filled with monsters and no people/houses in the future, though~

I would love something like Fat Princess where you choose one class/attack type and have to fight 15 waves of strong enemies and survive. The reward is glory and a golden piece of armour/weapon could be thrown into the mix.