Frontline Version: 0.580b

Naythan

Green Slime
I died inside the factory and once it re-started, I can no longer enter the room (with the red button and welcome mat).

Naythan

Green Slime
I died when fighting the Boss, which the pressing continue sent me back to Evergrind city.. I walked back to the factory and now Santas wife is telling me to go to the factory, whilst the factory door is closed again and the cutscenes where the NPC stands on the button so you can enter doesn't play again and the door is closed. :)

Actually when I died I pressed QUIT, then when I try and start it again it doesn't let me and already has the quest log in the corner to empty the factory.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I died when fighting the Boss, which the pressing continue sent me back to Evergrind city.. I walked back to the factory and now Santas wife is telling me to go to the factory, whilst the factory door is closed again and the cutscenes where the NPC stands on the button so you can enter doesn't play again and the door is closed. :)

Actually when I died I pressed QUIT, then when I try and start it again it doesn't let me and already has the quest log in the corner to empty the factory.

Ah, I get it now! Quite the bug! I'll fix this and upload a patch tonight (with some other fixes as well).

Teddy

Developer
Staff member

Oh, wait, maybe I don't get it. Have you tried going to the left? Luke should've destroyed the boxes there so you can get to the room before the boss that way!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I've now patched the patch, which has become kind of a tradition to do the day after :p

There's some minor fixes, and I also uploaded a World file (.wld), which you can use to get all flags and quests required to re-enter the Toy Factory if you want to try it out with a different character or a higher difficulty setting.

For more specifics, check out the first post in the thread (I updated it with the added patch notes)!

Just finished this up. Really impressed with the cutscene work. Luke, in particular, was awesome, and I died once during the train/bomb "challenge" because I kept watching Luke and Naniva struggle with the puzzle. The moment when the bag's eyes went wide was super awesome stuff.

I wrote down a few grammatical errors but accidentally closed the document without saving :/
I'll try to go back through and take another look.

I started a new game and played all the way through with no grinding. Carrot sword and Phaseman helm (which miraculously dropped on my first kill). Primary skills were blade flurry and fireball. I died quite a bit on the enraged toy machine, mostly due to me repeatedly messing up the train puzzle and getting hit by bombs like a rookie. I thought it was a nice step up in challenge from the GUN-D4M. In general, I really enjoyed the environmental challenges of the toy factory. I'm not sure if the Yeti take an extremely long time to kill for most folks, or if that's just because I didn't take the time to level grind at all, but fighting two of them at once took a while. I got their plushie though, so it was all worth it. Also, the snowball throwing fellas tend to get stuck among the trees whilst running away from me.

I noticed the theme song of a certain shady character (whose name sort of rhymes with Riley) wasn't used during their cutscene, but that may have been intentional.

That's all I've got for now!

Yuuki

Boar
so gonna update right now^^
somehow i full missed it, damn you trails in the sky xD

edit:
Are the cards of the mobs already in?

Last edited: