Version: 0.580d

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.580c

Summary: This update should totally have received a higher version number and not just a "c", but I've already uploaded it so whatever! Anyway: Talents!

We've added the talent system, a skill point refund system, and removed one of the planned charge levels for spells. You can read more about it all in today's blog post.

To start things off, we've added 10 talents for each tree (including some suggested by you guys!), but that's just the beginning. We're planning to add a bunch more, but we thought we would test it out a bit in the wild before deciding what directions to take. My dream scenario is having 20-30 talents in each category!

Additions
  • The new Talent system has been added to the game, with 30 Talents to start things off
  • A skill point Refund system has been implemented and costs [(level - 1) * 100] gold per point
Changes
  • The Frostling Scoundrels will now fight back if cornered rather than endlessly flee
  • All active spells have gotten their ultimate charges removed, and their max levels have been reduced to 10
  • The pace at which you get skill points has been altered
  • The quest Cooking Witch Candy now gives a Talent Orb instead of a Bronze Point
Bug Fixes
  • The cutscene in western Seasonne will no longer trigger (and crash) if Naniva is not with the party
  • Going from the northern Seasonne to the southeast map no longer puts the player on the wrong collision layer
  • Casting uncharged flame throwers while slipping on ice no longer teleports you to a different dimension

Last edited:

ark626

I seriously like the new Talent system :D recently watched Sword Art Online (but i think the anime is somehow overrated)
Hope more Talents will come (or am i wrong there?)
Ill try some combinations and check if i find some OP combos of talends skills equip settings :D

Thanks to Teddy Vilya and Fred for the fast updates :D

Oh almost forgot :

great add, love the new talents

4 things:
- moving your character to the left or to the right has a slower movement then moving him up, down or any diagonal direction, happens anywhere in the game.
- snow slimes attack isn't working well if I am on a diferent height from them. If I go upstairs and they don't follow me and stay downstairs, they see me as an enemy and try to attack me downstairs in my direction. of course, they colide with the wall and can't reach me. Tested this in the zone where only lots of Frostling Scoundrels, Frostling Rogues and snow slimes appear at the same time, near a house with a man using a shovel on the snow outside.
- for some reason navigating system in talent/skill screens, talk screens and shop screen became more sensitive to any key pressing(action, back, ESC, etc). for example, one very brief action/back key pressing have sometimes the same behavior as if you press that same key twice in a row.
- when I used /respec after this last update I lost one of the new silver skill points forever. before I did it I had 14 silver and 4 gold skill points to use, after /respec I had 13 silver and 4 gold to use.

Talent points are ok, 1 per level, 18.

Last edited:
oh, now that I thing about it, we start at level one, not at level zero, so 17 skill points are correct. so the correct number of talent points should be 17 instead of 18.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
oh, now that I thing about it, we start at level one, not at level zero, so 17 skill points are correct. so the correct number of talent points should be 17 instead of 18.

This might be due to Candy's quest having changed its reward from a bronze skill point into a talent orb! So if you've completed her quest in the Pumpkin Woods, you'll have one extra Talent Orb.

I added this to the patch notes since it's a change, after all!

in that case skill and talent points are correct :). Totally forgot that completed quests can give you skill points, and now talent points too.

I don't have the patience to restart a new character everytime a new update is released lol. sorry

Last edited:

Hashishin

Green Slime
Hello,

I have a problem with the cutscene in western Seasonne, there is none for me even though Naniva is with me. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the quest "The Frozen Fairytale" to go to the west of Seasonne, but nothing happens there.

Attachments

• Neue Bitmap.jpeg
    Neue Bitmap.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 30

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello,

I have a problem with the cutscene in western Seasonne, there is none for me even though Naniva is with me. Am I doing something wrong?

I have the quest "The Frozen Fairytale" to go to the west of Seasonne, but nothing happens there.

If you check the current objective, what does it say? You can either use TAB/RB while walking around, or go into the journal and check the quest details (by selecting the quest and pressing the action button)!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I've uploaded a patch, which should come live within 10 minutes or so! When SoG updates and says 0.580d, try again. I think your savefile might have been corrupted from trying to progress the quest when it didn't exist.

Rokker

Halloweed
This new talent/refund system has cost me quite a lot of gold.
If rapidly distributing points in talents (like after a /respec) there is a good chance to hit Z a few times too much.
If mindlessly and rapidly hitting Z, let's say 21 times, instead of the 11 times needed to get 5/5 then that would result in something like the following happening;
  1. Select
  2. Upgrade
  3. Yes (1/5) +
  4. Upgrade
  5. Yes (2/5) +
  6. Upgrade
  7. Yes (3/5) +
  8. Upgrade
  9. Yes (4/5) +
  10. Upgrade
  11. Yes (5/5) + This is where we're done, but let's mindlessly continue hitting that button..
  12. Select
  13. Refund
  14. Refund One (4/5) -
  15. Upgrade
  16. Yes (5/5) +
  17. Select
  18. Refund
  19. Refund One (4/5) -
  20. Upgrade
  21. Yes (5/5) +
.... And so on...​

This happened using only one button. I feel that there should be some design to stop this from happening, something like a confirmation dialogue with a pre-selected Cancel option.
I know there was a cancel option in the original idea and it was removed in the design process, and i fully understand and agree that it might not have been the correct design to have three buttons in a row.
But i'm still convinced that something has to change in this UI.

Maybe something like this would solve the problem;
Select -> Refund -> [Refund One]/Refund All -> Confirm/[Cancel]
The Brackets would symbolize the pre selected option, so hitting Z without thinking would result in a [Cancel].

Mabbit

Green Slime
In terms of the length of the game..
My "main" is 149% completed is that the full length of the current possibilities?
-or am i missing something in the new patch :b?

aaaand for anyone wanting to be OP, i suggest leveling ur pets in one stat each.
mine are:
Jumpkin - Mana 24%
Rabby - Crit 31
Slime - Speed 46%
(choose the pet/stat u need for ur build/encounter)
a LOT of grinding but sooooo worth it
With the new crit talents and 2 rabbitfoot"s" i crit "ALL" the time, and when using the Phasesword and the Shadow-ekstraHit-buff the shadows critt if u do :b
I kill Gun-D4M in 1 go with plenty of time to jump back down.
-on Hard :D

oh, and get BarrelShield from the barrels RIGHT after the bridge with Vilya-Boss on :b
3min grind :D

Nothing can kill u now >:D

(Need money?)
first screen in snowland: go down first stairs u see: Keep killing slimes as fast as u can: the faster u kill them the faster/more they spawn when they do :b
it's an insane farm after the first ½-2 min of waiting and i have acquired 10257014 gold this way :D
No hax of course !
The money are used to buy Potions that can give pet XP :D
(only grants XP to health, mana, dmg and speed, so it won't be a good tactic for crit, go fish for Crit XP

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
With the new crit talents and 2 rabbitfoot"s" i crit "ALL" the time, and when using the Phasesword and the Shadow-ekstraHit-buff the shadows critt if u do :b
I kill Gun-D4M in 1 go with plenty of time to jump back down.
-on Hard :D
How much damage can you deal with one critical hit? Is it worth getting crit over damage? What is your character level?

Pale

Green Slime
(Need money?)
first screen in snowland: go down first stairs u see: Keep killing slimes as fast as u can: the faster u kill them the faster/more they spawn when they do :b
it's an insane farm after the first ½-2 min of waiting and i have acquired 10257014 gold this way :D
No hax of course !
The money are used to buy Potions that can give pet XP :D
(only grants XP to health, mana, dmg and speed, so it won't be a good tactic for crit, go fish for Crit XP

edit: i just saw you said you were lvl 19. i call BS on this claim of 10million gold. i'm lvl 20 and have only amassed 250k (about 8 hours of solid jumpkin farming). please correct me if i'm missing something in this claim.

even getting 1,000 gold a minute would take 10,000 minutes to get 10,000,000. That's 166 hours.... lvl 19 takes about 15 hours of casual playing...

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
edit: i just saw you said you were lvl 19. i call BS on this claim of 10million gold. i'm lvl 20 and have only amassed 250k (about 8 hours of solid jumpkin farming). please correct me if i'm missing something in this claim.

even getting 1,000 gold a minute would take 10,000 minutes to get 10,000,000. That's 166 hours.... lvl 19 takes about 15 hours of casual playing...
I think that the enemies in the winterlands drop more money than the enemies in the Jumpkin Forest so farming wise I think it's better to farm at the spot he's talking about. I also think that his statement might be a little bit overrated but it's not really something to get worked up about, it's just a game and whatever he's doing doesn't affect you. Maybe Mabbit had a lot of gold from farming in the patch before the winterlands where the level cap was around 16-17 so to be level 19 with 1M gold would not be impossible without cheating. Still he's making a good point about the farming spot even if the numbers are wrong. :p

Pale

Green Slime
I am unfamiliar with previous patch versions, so excuse my surprise, as it wasnt meant to be combatitive, but merely shocked that it was so drastically different from my own experiences grinding at the same location.

1000 gold a minute is still an amazing quantity if you can keep up with the pace of spawn (and kill slimes in 1-3 hits and the yetis in 6 or less hits).

Also having 31 crit on a pet is.... a mind boggling amount of fishing.