Functional House Item Suggestions.

Own

I assume that the House is going to be the goldsink for the game, yes? You buy the house, then you pay large sums of gold for furnishings in it, or decorate it with rare drops you find? If so, I can think of a few interesting goldsinks.

Closet - Can be used to save 3 different 'looks' for your character. Hairstyle, equipped vanity items (if they're still in your inventory) and clothing colors. Or it could go one further and save everything you have equipped, for quickly switching between them if you have a melee set and a magic set.

Chest - For storing items you don't necessarily need in your inventory, but don't want to sell.

Jukebox - I think you guys are already adding this, but would all musical tracks be available at the start, or would each enemy belonging to an area have a low chance of dropping the record for that area to put into your jukebox?

Training Dummy - Displays your average DPS for the past few seconds whenever you wail on it with anything. Good for getting an idea of how much that +MATK item really helps you, or if that +5 ATK Speed item is better than the +5 ATK item.

Crafting Station - For crafting very rare items that no one else can. Phaseman Boots and Laser Sword, for example. Another option could be a pet that's made by crafting it as opposed to using a bait item on it. 10 Crystal Shards + 20 Scrap Metal initiates the DDR game for a crafting a Flying Fortress Wisp. Fail the game and you lose the materials for crafting that pet.

The crafting station could also be used to craft special items (from fish/drops) to feed to pets that imbue them with unique skills, maybe about three like Arcade Mode. So you could have a pet with some of these passive skills:

Flinch - Will rarely pop up a tiny [!] above it's head when an attack that's directed at you can be perfectly guarded, to assist in knowing when an attack's perfect guard moment is.

Scan - Will rarely choose an enemy on screen to display the stats of. It's exact CurrentHP/TotalHP values, as well as the minimum/maximum damage it can do.

Harvest - Will pick up items for you, if it walks past any.

Ammo - Whenever an enemy is killed, has a chance to spit out an arrow.

Spit - Will occasionally spit a projectile at a nearby enemy, for a small amount of damage. Slime would be a Slime Ball, Rabby would be a Carrot, Jumpkin would be a Candle, etc.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
I want a housing item vendor/salesman. I have so many crystal lamps i will never need, that i'd like to sell at some point.

Own

More:

Armor Rack - Allows you to decorate your home with your armor items. Can be bought multiple times.

Sword Rack - Same as above, for weapons.

Own

More:

NPC Paintings - Buy a canvas, or fulfill some other condition, and approach an NPC to capture their likeless on a painting item. It turns into a small pixel portrait of their face. Slap it on the wall in your home and interact with it, and it will pop up that NPC's portraits which you can cycle through.

Or maybe NPC paintings for a home item wouldn't be the best way to handle it. Maybe just pressing X on an NPC in your Bestiary when you've fulfilled all interactions with them should pop up their portraits for you to cycle through. Do Pidgy's quest, unlock her portraits in the Bestiary. Beat Vilya for the last time she shows up in the game, unlock her portraits. Beat the game, unlock the Bag's portraits.

House paintings could be kind of nice, though. :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I like all the ideas! You have some pretty darn good suggestions Own! 5/5! I would like to have different sections in my house and not just a simple one as the current houses do. I want to have a big mansion where I can have a kitchen, a bathroom, a bed room, a living room, a laundry room and so on and so forth. Maybe there could be some really super cool and rare item to collect that makes your house look small on the outside but big on the inside? :D

More:

Armor Rack - Allows you to decorate your home with your armor items. Can be bought multiple times.

Sword Rack - Same as above, for weapons.

I talked to Vilya in The IRC and she said she will end up probably adding a Head and Armor Rack, since ther eare some fake ones in the evergrind Armour shop...