Was my explanation of G charge clear enough?

• Total voters

L4UR

Green Slime
So i recently had the idea of trying to animate in Grindea a new type of charge, beyond gold, but not just beyond but to the limit, the final charge G(Grindea) charge.
So what is a G move, a very strong skill that has a very bombastic and flashy animation (in weeb terms , a sakuga) the only thing in game so far that could even compare to my vision of G moves is some of Zhamla's skills, and the skills that Mom used in the dragon cut scene.
How does one acquire such powerful skill:
Well, technically it all depends on the devs but in my view, 1st thing is that it will be very late in the game , towards the final boss battle type. It would have it's own long and hard quest line to be allowed to get a G charge, how hard varies, but it should involve lots of grinding of items, from just basic misc. drop to actual weapons and accessories. It should have the same punch in the gut as the 250k gold teleport plate, BUT HARDER AND MORE PAINFUL. Since gold can be acquired everywhere. I want something more of a :5 mage hats of each season, 50 green slime cubes, 20 brawler bot plates and so on. Aka just something really hard and Grindy.
After these series of quests and sacrifices to the goddess of Grindea the NPC (i view him either as a very strong shaman like the guy in the mysterious hood, or as a legendary blacksmith with a sacred hammer or something) pretty much someone of very high capabilities to be able to forge together stuff either through magic or through sacred tools. The NPC will allow the player to forge an X amount of gold points and Y amount of silver points together to be able to create the final point. That whole process would be required to satisfy the goddess so it can give her blessing.
ChargeSkill.gif
I have already animated the G charge, but not yet the skill itself. To explain quickly my logic behind the rainbowy animation - The goddess of grindea pretty much blesses you with a bit of her power that is so otherworldly that it refracts light into rainbow colours. The skills themselves will not have a rainbow theme, just the charge.
In my head i already have a relatively clear vision of some of the skills from the game and i created a poll for the skills the community would like me to animate first. Just so you know the skills themselves will be nothing like the previous once, it will just do it's own animation and no more player input would be required after the player has released the charge skill button after the G charge is ready,some of them would also affect most of the screen, where some would pretty much send the enemy flying into a special cutscene and the rest of the game would be on freeze mode. Here is the said poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/17156617
What are the consequences of using said G moves:
So far the only thing i thought of is a very long cool down about 300 seconds or more, it would also require using 100% of your mana, and would and should not be implemented in arcade mode unless the devs have a good idea of how it would be possible to balance such thing.
Anyways tbh i wont be even sad if the devs don't implement this into the game since i do all of this for fun and do not understand a lot of the balancing thing that everyone is talking about. This is just meant for fun and for pure satisfaction of landing every single hit and demolishing the enemy. The closest thing in my view of what a G move would like compared to other games is the Z moves from Pokemon sun and moon.

Marioalexsan

Green Slime
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Devs, ░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Add This░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░Please!░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█
██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

Own

Sounds like it would add a year of devtime all on it's own, just to have an extra charge tier of animation provided to 22 skills. The animation and the balancing, I mean. I'm not sure what enemies it would be based around either, considering we've only got 2 dungeons left in the game. :p Maybe if SoG were as long as Seiken Densetsu 3, with as many dungeons?

L4UR

Green Slime
well if freddy really wants to he can just take my animation and "re-fred-it", i won't mind

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Ah, Pokemon Z-moves, Final Fantasy summons, Golden Sun unleashes (freaking meteor as normal sword attack)... I always wanted a truly final charge for this game's skills to make them ABSOLUTELY BADASS AND D E S T R U C T I V E.

Sadly, in Dev Blog #164 devs already said that because of the fast paced nature of the combat in Secrets of Grindea, they can’t go full “Knights of the Round” in terms of extravagant effects (even though they want to, deep down). It might work as a mod when the game is finished though :chicken:

L4UR

Green Slime
Ah, Pokemon Z-moves, Final Fantasy summons, Golden Sun unleashes (freaking meteor as normal sword attack)... I always wanted a truly final charge for this game's skills to make them ABSOLUTELY BADASS AND D E S T R U C T I V E.

Sadly, in Dev Blog #164 devs already said that because of the fast paced nature of the combat in Secrets of Grindea, they can’t go full “Knights of the Round” in terms of extravagant effects (even though they want to, deep down). It might work as a mod when the game is finished though :chicken:
To be honest i will be happy if my poor animation/idea gets into the game at least somehow, it feel feel like i actually did something for the community and the game be it as a mod or actual game. But 1 of the first things why i even though about this is because recently in story mode i felt like i just spam 1 gold move most of my game and never really bothered with any other ones, and the only way i was dealing more damage or was just progressing in anyway was through gear and level ups ... and that is about it. I felt that after Seasonnee i lost a big part of me progressing through the game which is what i kind of disliked about Gold charge being the last. And I always wanted to see some really cool animations in sog more (for example, the dragon cutscene, zhamla, some of winter). Just stuff that looks strong and feels strong, and i really hope in my animations i would be able to transmit this feeling of being supreme