Game crash.

gold

Green Slime
Hello everyone,I have a problem with Secrets of Grindea when i try to run the game.
Like that:
fi6XGBK.png

I was try to reinstall the game but it's doesn't help me,then i try to update XNA and .NET Framework 4 but the same result,please help me.
Previously apologise for my english.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Have you got it running before or is this the first time you're starting the game?

Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.

gold

Green Slime
Have you got it running before or is this the first time you're starting the game?

Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea! The .NET Runtime errors are most useful.
I'm playing a long time and this the first time when i get this error.
I check windows logs and see this:
Имя сбойного приложения: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, версия: 1.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x5911d1a9
Имя сбойного модуля: ntdll.dll, версия: 10.0.14393.0, метка времени: 0x57898d9d
Код исключения: 0xc00000fd
Смещение ошибки: 0x0006dc6a
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x12e4
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d2ee84b520d0cb
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 4301c697-4b36-4379-a6e0-2fabc332ba19
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:

res7less

Jumpkin
Defective application name: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5911d1a9
Defective module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x57898d9d
Exception code: 0xc00000fd
Error offset (?): 0x0006dc6a
Defective process ID: 0x12e4
Time of execution of defective application: 0x01d2ee84b520d0cb
Application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Path of defective module: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID(?): 4301c697-4b36-4379-a6e0-2fabc332ba19
Full name of package:
Code of application of defective package:

Roughly translated it for you, Teddy. The (?) parts are technical terms I'm not really sure about. Hope it still helps.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hmm, that looks like an Application Error and not a .NET Runtime error! @gold is that the only error you see? If there is no .NET Runtime-error next to it, it means none of the actual game code is run.

Do you have any antivirus running? If so, you could try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps. If you haven't tried it yet, you could also try restarting your computer!

gold

Green Slime
Hmm, that looks like an Application Error and not a .NET Runtime error! @gold is that the only error you see? If there is no .NET Runtime-error next to it, it means none of the actual game code is run.

Do you have any antivirus running? If so, you could try temporarily disabling it and see if that helps. If you haven't tried it yet, you could also try restarting your computer!
I don't have errors with .NET and don't have antivirus,i try to restart my computer many times)
I try to clean windows log and try to run Secrets of Grindea and get only 1 one error,this:
Имя сбойного приложения: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, версия: 1.0.0.0, метка времени: 0x59514e46
Имя сбойного модуля: KERNELBASE.dll, версия: 10.0.14393.0, метка времени: 0x57898e34
Код исключения: 0xc00000fd
Смещение ошибки: 0x000c9135
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x10f0
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d2eed40b8cc20e
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Идентификатор отчета: 73b5786e-7a1b-474d-ad45-afa7171b8462
Полное имя сбойного пакета:
Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом:

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A last thing you could try is making sure that Windows is fully updated, and maybe trying to run the game in administrator mode.

It's not much, but when these mysterious errors have come in the past, they often go away just as suddenly. There's nothing we can do, because with that error the game's code is never run :(

Another light at the end of the tunnel, when the Linux/Mac builds come along, with some luck the cross platform build might work! We're not sure when they will be available yet, though

gold

Green Slime
A last thing you could try is making sure that Windows is fully updated, and maybe trying to run the game in administrator mode.

It's not much, but when these mysterious errors have come in the past, they often go away just as suddenly. There's nothing we can do, because with that error the game's code is never run :(

Another light at the end of the tunnel, when the Linux/Mac builds come along, with some luck the cross platform build might work! We're not sure when they will be available yet, though
I earlier try to run the game in admin mode and that doesn't help,I will trying update my windows latter,maybe this error will go away by herself,anyway thank you for help)

gold

Green Slime
One important thing,10 minutes ago I was try to run pirated copy of the game and it's works...

gold

Green Slime
This is a little bit weird but i solved this problem i guess.
What was i do for fix this:
1)fully uninstallthe game from my pc
2)then I install secrets of grindea to new directory(I create a new steam library at disk C)(My default steam library is located at disk D)
That's it,it's works but little bit unconfortable because the .exe file of the game run only from directory of the game(Shortcut from desktop doesn't work),when I try run the game from steam programm it's doesn't work as well,so i create a shortcut from game directory and that's good)
Now i was try reinstall "SoF" to disk D and now it's works but only .exe from game directory.
I guess in near future it will be fixed by me.
Teddy,thank you for help.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
One important thing,10 minutes ago I was try to run pirated copy of the game and it's works...

That's it,it's works but little bit unconfortable because the .exe file of the game run only from directory of the game(Shortcut from desktop doesn't work),when I try run the game from steam programm it's doesn't work as well,so i create a shortcut from game directory and that's good)

Interesting! Sounds like it's related to how Steam launches the game somehow? Pirated versions of the game removes the game's Steam features, so it makes sense that one of those worked. Really strange though that starting the .exe works but not via Steam!

Anyways, thanks for finding another potential solution to others who might run into the same problem :D

gold

Green Slime
Interesting! Sounds like it's related to how Steam launches the game somehow? Pirated versions of the game removes the game's Steam features, so it makes sense that one of those worked. Really strange though that starting the .exe works but not via Steam!

Anyways, thanks for finding another potential solution to others who might run into the same problem :D
no problem)