Game does not launch |music playing |worked fine before

acetradamus

Green Slime
Hello Devs,

So I had this bug twice already.
Yesterday after flawlessly playing for a couple of hours. The game crashed while alt-tabbing. (I suppose).
Prompting a message "deaded" (or something) and telling me to update my graphic card drivers.
I did not do that at first (because I recently did that already,figured they werent outdated much) and tried to start the game again.
The game starts,
the grindea-icon appears in the task bar. I can hear the music playing but then it basically switches back to my desktop. Music still playing, but when I click on the icon all I get is a glimpse of a white window before it switches back to desktop (music still playing).
I figured this was some kind of graphics bug. So I tried the steam usual "-windowed, -sw, -autoconfig , -fullscreen" and they all did not work.
Then I installed the newest directX and updated my my graphic drivers. Seemingly did not change anything...after a couple of random reboots then the game worked again and I could play the night.
Today I could log in once, but when I wanted to play a second session with my friends the same bug occured and now I can not start the game again. Music playing...desktop...no launch...
I tried everything I did the last time, even system recovery and redid my steps from the day before.
Unfortunately with no succes this time.

Any help?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Try going to %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea/ and deleting the config.txt there! That should reset the game to Windowed mode.

If it works after doing that, try using Windowed Fullscreen (confusingly named Fullscreen Windowed in the Main Menu Options)

Some systems really don't like when the game gets tabbed out of fullscreen! Windowed or Windowed Fullscreen doesn't have that problem, though.