Game doesn't start at all

bmxfreak

Green Slime
Hey,

since yesterday I'm trying to start the game, for a second Steam shows that I'm in the game but no window and no error message appears.

I tried so many solutions, but nothing worked for me.

I tried:

- Re-installing the game
- Repair | Re-Install XNA Framework
- Repair | Re-Install Microsoft .NET Framework
- Repair | Re-Install DirectX (also deleting some DirectX files in System32 and SysWOW folder)
- I tested all of the BETA Versions, but nothing happens (At Previous Stable and Legacy Stable I get the error message: "Secrets of Grindea doesn't work anymore)
- I tried to start the game as admin from steam folder
- I checked if I have badloads in the roaming folder, but there's only one file in each folder (Characters and World)

When I check eventvwr it shows ".NET Runtime" Error (
Anwendung: Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.BadImageFormatException
Stapel:
bei SoG.Program.Main(System.String[])
)

and Application Error (
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x584f370e
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.23572, Zeitstempel: 0x57fd0379
Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
Fehleroffset: 0x0000c54f
)

I also recognized that even Terraria isn't working, but it was working all the time before.

It would be very nice if someone could help me start the game, I have no idea anymore.

I have Windows 7 64-Bit

Intel Core i7-4790 CPU
RAM 16,0 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hello! Sorry to hear you're having issues :(

The BadImageFormatException is most likely the DirectX-thing. One person who had this problem said he found a rogue xinput1_3.dll file inside the game's install folder! Perhaps you can have a look to see if there is one there for you, too.

It's very weird that it didn't start working after deleting the files and repairing DirectX. Did you use the installer link mentioned in my Steam forum post?

If you did and there's no dll in the game install folder, then I think this issue isn't solvable by anything but a Windows reinstall, and you should probably request a refund from Steam. It's rather likely to receive a cross-platform version one day, which won't use DirectX, and then you can try it again!