Game is great but feels really sluggish

Technowiz

Green Slime
Like everything should be moving a bit faster, feels like it would be a small change to make it a lot more satisfying. The attacks just feel REALLY slow.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Attack Speed can be "leveled" but movement speed not so. Maybe someday there will be Speedrunner Boots that give a small speed boost

Edit: Also, this is better fit in the subforum "Suggestions & Feedback" so i moved it there

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Would you mind expanding on that a bit? In what way does it feel slow? Are all the weapons feeling slow or is it just the 2handed weapon? Have you checked so that it's not your computer that's causing a slight lag so everything feels slow? Would you compare the slow feeling with how movements work in Skyrim? As said earlier attackspeed can be increased to quicken the movement for when you're swinging you weapon so just because the base value feels slow doesn't mean that you have to play with it throughout the whole game. The game has sort of a medium/slow pace so if you're looking for a fast-pace-adventure game then this might not be for you.

Technowiz

Green Slime
I think it's lag but I have no way of controlling it. It starts off great then slows to a snails pace like there is a memory leak or something. I have a 970 and a good cpu, no idea why this is happening.

GarlicJelly

Have you tried playing in windowed mode instead of fullscreen? Since the game is in beta it's not optimized and XNA might cause some trouble in fullscreen.

GarlicJelly

You should try the frontline version, it includes a big bunch of changes such as talents.
how to switch between stable and frontline and why
I don't think you can change to the frontline version if you're playing the demo. XD
But if the demo is having lag problems then maybe the devs should put up a new version since playing the demo might be a deciding factor in case someone wants to try the game out before buying it.

Rokker

Halloweed
I don't think you can change to the frontline version if you're playing the demo. XD
But if the demo is having lag problems then maybe the devs should put up a new version since playing the demo might be a deciding factor in case someone wants to try the game out before buying it.
Oh ,my eyes completely skipped the word "Demo" :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I think it's lag but I have no way of controlling it. It starts off great then slows to a snails pace like there is a memory leak or something. I have a 970 and a good cpu, no idea why this is happening.

I'm coming way late to this party, but have you tried disabling Aero if you're running Win7? This is done by switching to a "Basic" theme in the personalize-menu!