Game Unplayable

Tenju

Green Slime
This occurred after i got the Statue Mask from the Ancient Statue. I equipped it and checked if it was usable in crafting: it was. Fascinated that it could be used, i crafted the furniture that it's used for. Something i found odd was that i still had the Statue Mask on in the style tabs, though it wasn't equipped in equip tabs. I disregarded it and continued playing for another hour. I logged for a little then went back on to check else i needed to complete but this popped up instead.
3f20206a3ec1f0e576e022860ba9cf42.png

upload_2017-10-31_12-35-56.png

It's only on this character, made another one to confirm that this is the only character affected.
a8d2a56683a53590de4d9d02921477c1.png

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the report!

Could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Hopefully I can both repair the save, as well as fix the bug that might've caused it!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Interestingly, the crash wasn't caused by the fake item in the style slot, but by some weird bug in your house that made two of the rooms refuse to connect!

I've repaired your character save file and attached it. I don't think anything should be damaged, but you might want to go into your house to make sure!

I'll investigate what might've caused this issue.

Attachments

• 0.zip
    3 KB · Views: 1

Rickdrasil

Green Slime
I'm having exactly the same problem after I managed to create a door leading to the void around the rooms of my house. The game crashed while I tried to teleport out of my house and since then I can't play this character anymore. The game crash in the same way as described in the OP. I don't know if it can be linked to the same bug.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm having exactly the same problem after I managed to create a door leading to the void around the rooms of my house. The game crashed while I tried to teleport out of my house and since then I can't play this character anymore. The game crash in the same way as described in the OP. I don't know if it can be linked to the same bug.

Could you do the same thing as OP did and upload your character's save file so I could look at it?

Also, do you remember how you managed to create a doorway into the void? :O

Rickdrasil

Green Slime
I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, I had a room connected to two others but since i couldn't figure how to delete a single doorway I just deleted the whole room. Mysteriously one of them, the one I manually added, stayed there and I could go through it. I added the room back and deleted it again to see if it would remove all the doors, but it didn't work... Afterward, I just went exploring until I reached the end of the area (where the camera stops following the player) and beyond. I wasn't actually IN the house when I teleported away. (btw the area is huge I wonder how much lumber one would need to cover it entirely!)

I wonder if the doorway is still actually there causing the game to crash. I regret not having taken any screenshots since I have not been able to reproduce the bug in my other save file...

Also on a completely unrelated topic I am still missing the completion mark for Evergrind City and I can't find anything I have not done in the city.

Attachments

• SaveFiles.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 1

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
@Rickdrasil What version of the game are you playing? I can load into Evergrind without crashing (although your house does indeed have an exit into eternity and might need to be reset completely!)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ah, yes, I remember now that the "bug fix" that makes the game at least not crash is not yet in the live version!

I'll see if I can spoof the version to make it possible for you to load it (but it might make the game crash, so keep the backups of the save you made!)

Hopefully this will let you play on that save again. I've removed the room with the strange doorway (so you should have the items in your inventory again)

Attachments

• 0.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 1

Rickdrasil

Green Slime
Thanks! Removing the room solved the problem for now. I'll try not to break my house again before the ''bug fix'' is available. But I will kinda miss my doorway to the abyss... It was a charming place