[gameplay] Blink skipping

white_fri2z

Green Slime
I don't have any images sadly, but I noticed that we could skip certain bosses, like the season hydras or Phaseman, while using the teleportation of the blink to skip the areas where they appear. It isn't useful against bosses that give something (Phaseman, Winter ...) but with it, I did skip the season hydras in the temple of seasons. Everything worked in the temple, through.
It's just an exemple, but I'm sure that bug can be used to skip a lot of other bosses.

SuperShinyStar

Green Slime
Thats probably because you bypass the trigger for the boss. I say probably because i dont know for certain if thats the case. But in other games if these things happen its usually because you bypass the trigger of the boss.

white_fri2z

Green Slime
Yes it is, but I found something else with that bug
upload_2017-11-27_15-43-9.png
It is possible to kill winter with it, without even trying. At least I found a bug speedrunners can use :3

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
How did you discover this? Was it something you tried intentionally, or was it a complete accident?

I need to figure out the risk of players triggering this on a first playthrough to determine how severe the bug is! If the risk of some unsuspecting player bugging the game out and missing the Season Hydra is big, we'll have to remove the exploit, but if you need to be precise and calculated we might leave it in for the speedrunners.

Zekke

Green Slime
Posted about this literally the first day Blink was on frontline lol

You could probably do it by accident with season hydra if you were just using blink to travel around the room faster