[Gameplay]Crafting without ingredients

ThijssjihT

Green Slime
Situation:
The giga slime didn't drop anything yet. For crafting the slime hammer and armor, I have the ingredients, except for the slime cube, wich is still unknown for me then, and appears as a black sillouette.
I re-enter the fight to get a drop from the giga slime, for crafting. I defeat him, and he drops a slime cube.
The crafting menu tells me I now have one slime cube, and all the ingredients for green slime armor or green slime hammer. I craft the green slime armor.

Problem:
I now have the green slime armor, and have 1 missing slime cube for the hammer. Still, I can craft, and did craft the hammer, without having slime cubes.

Edit:
I have now crafted 32 hammers, without having slime cubes and without having big branches.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Just out of interest (and the fact that I want to break the game more) is there any particular reason you stopped at 32 hammers? Did you run out of slime, exit the arena (assuming you never left it) which updated your inventory or just get bored of pressing space?

There may be potential for item underflow here, which, as has been found in Pokémon R/B/Y and G/S/C, can have game breaking consequences. For that reason, you're a wizard and I love you <3

[Edit]: I can't seem to craft infinite hammers or chest plates myself. What version are you using may I ask, be that the Stable or Frontline?

Last edited:

ThijssjihT

Green Slime
Frontline, that would've been usefull information to tell first indeed...

I stopped at 32, because you have to stop at some point, and I didn't feel like bashing z for 10 minutes. I just wanted to see if it only works once, or also multiple times, and also if it works with 2 ingredients missing.

Edit:
I tried it again, but couldn't do it. Everything seems to work just fine now. Maybe because I already discovered the slime cube this time?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I've tried it without having discovered the slime cube, so it's not that. It's good to know we're on the same version. Can you remember the sequence of menus you went through? I went into the main crafting tab, crafted a chestplate, then hovered over the slime hammer to find I couldn't craft it.

Also, was this the first time you've ever discovered a slime cube? I've found it on other saves which might have had an impact.

As a side note, it's a shame we're talking about this on a public forum, as now the devs know about it :( I'm sure if I ask @Teddy very nicely he won't fix it right? Pwetty please?

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Just tried again, but instead with no save files (backed up all my files beforehand) and I still can't get the effect to trigger, so it's not that either.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Aha! Found out what it is. If you have all the ingredients for both of them, you can go into your inventory, select one of the crafting components and then select "recipes". This will bring up both of them, and allows you to craft them infinite times, but sadly, the items you use to craft them will never go below 0 when you return to the menu. However, the other glitch still exists where you can drop the zero stack to get an item back.

I'll try and fiddle a bit and see if I can break the game anymore.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
My next aim was to try and max out a stack of items. At the fastest rate it is physically possible to get the game to respond to a macro, I can only get 864,000 slime armour in a whole day of farming, but this also means I can't use my keyboard. Seen as we've gone past 65535, which is the maximum number contained in 2 bytes, I'll make the assumption that the next level is 4 bytes, and therefore I have to get to 4,294,967,295 slime armour. This means, if I left my computer going, it would take 13.6 years until I reach that number, +/- a couple weeks...

I think I'll stick to the 362,000 I already have, maybe with a couple days extra farming to be sure. Unless... @Teddy, have any idea what the max item stack size should be? :D

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Your assumption of the max item amount is correct :D

Nice detective work on this one, guys!

RainTiger

Green Slime
I am playing the Frontline Beta v0.660b.

I was on Pillar Mountain, on the 2nd screen from your village, where Mrs. Bee first appears. I decided to farm there to make the Stinger (I did not know the name of the weapon at the time). I started to Track it so I would know how many stingers I would need to make it. I got enough materials to craft the Stinger, but it did not gray out. So, I decided to hit the button again, and it crafted it again... I did this about 10 times total. Then I came here to tell you.

863fc7ae37.png

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Looks like someone beat you to it! Next time (if you didn't this time) we'd be grateful if you could do a quick search of the forums beforehand, and there's some tips on how to do that quickly in the link in the spoiler below called "How to use the SoG Forums". If you find an article about the bug you've posted and have nothing to add, you can be safe assured that the bug is under the devs' radar, waiting to be fixed another day :D

The title of the original post might've been a little misleading if you didn't know what was causing the issue, so forgive me if I'm wrong!

RainTiger

Green Slime
Yeah, I am sorry. I did not think to look for a generic post instead of a specific. But, I should have. I looked up "Stinger" and did not find it anywhere. ^^"

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Ahh fair enough. My apologies :oops:

While I'm in this thread I may as well pop in an update about how the macro-farming went. After about 200 hours of AFK farming I managed to get enough spinsect armour to max out the money cap, assuming it was the same max size as a stack of items (it was - 4 bytes, 4 point something billion. Exact number is 2^32 - 1 if you're interested). 3.7 million armour was enough. I then reconfigured the macro to spam the up button when selling items, and sat AFK for another few hours or so. Then this happened:

unknown.png

Look at the amount of money I'm supposed to get from selling these things. -2,147,483,546, almost exactly half of the cap we assumed earlier. Having taken a backup of the save earlier... I sold, and as is ironic for selling, lost money.

Now being very, very indebted to the shop keep, I decided to try everything else I could think of which had anything to do with money. Every item is red, so you can't buy your way out of it, and underflow your money back to positive again. Picking up money in any form, be it opening a chest, killing enemies and I'd assume achievement rewards as well, simply makes your money climb slowly backwards up towards zero.

The other thing I tried was Frostling rogues - the buggers that make you drop money... when you have money to drop. After messing around for 15 minutes, I was confused as to why I wasn't dropping any, and thought I had a card that stopped that happening. Nope - as long as your money is under zero, the buggers can't nick any off you... I guess that's one positive :D

There's a couple other things I've yet to try, but my hands hurt at the moment, so both videogaming and typing hurt. Off to see a doctor tomorrow about it. I'm now going to give my poor fingers a rest. Don't be surprised if I don't post in a while :(

Dzed

Green Slime
Ahh fair enough. My apologies :oops:

While I'm in this thread I may as well pop in an update about how the macro-farming went. After about 200 hours of AFK farming I managed to get enough spinsect armour to max out the money cap, assuming it was the same max size as a stack of items (it was - 4 bytes, 4 point something billion. Exact number is 2^32 - 1 if you're interested). 3.7 million armour was enough. I then reconfigured the macro to spam the up button when selling items, and sat AFK for another few hours or so. Then this happened:

View attachment 1814

Look at the amount of money I'm supposed to get from selling these things. -2,147,483,546, almost exactly half of the cap we assumed earlier. Having taken a backup of the save earlier... I sold, and as is ironic for selling, lost money.

Now being very, very indebted to the shop keep, I decided to try everything else I could think of which had anything to do with money. Every item is red, so you can't buy your way out of it, and underflow your money back to positive again. Picking up money in any form, be it opening a chest, killing enemies and I'd assume achievement rewards as well, simply makes your money climb slowly backwards up towards zero.

The other thing I tried was Frostling rogues - the buggers that make you drop money... when you have money to drop. After messing around for 15 minutes, I was confused as to why I wasn't dropping any, and thought I had a card that stopped that happening. Nope - as long as your money is under zero, the buggers can't nick any off you... I guess that's one positive :D

There's a couple other things I've yet to try, but my hands hurt at the moment, so both videogaming and typing hurt. Off to see a doctor tomorrow about it. I'm now going to give my poor fingers a rest. Don't be surprised if I don't post in a while :(
When I first saw the post, i thought Hes hacking, no other explanation, but then I saw the "Macro Farming