[Gameplay][Crash] Summer Hydra's Mushrooms Lags The Game

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
While fighting the Hydra I noticed that the Autum head's mushrooms didn't despawn so I just had to break the game. Here's before and after photos. :)
SoG Autum Hydra Spawning Mushrooms FOR SCIENCE!.png SoG Mushroom Crash.png
Basically what happened here was 2 minutes of fight where I just stacked mushrooms in a corner. I'm pretty sure the lag and also the crash is because of the smoke clouds that stay on screen for more than 15 seconds so imagine having like 100 of them at once on your screen. Yep, that's what happened.

If you're not stacking mushrooms this much but maybe manage to stack 3 clouds of them in the same spot at least my game freezes for a second and then everything moves suuuper slow until I get out of the smoke and my screen is back to normal (my screen is no longer blacked out).

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Hmm, i see. Then i recommend burning it all down. Take the flamethrower and just burn the mushrooms, burn the hydra, burn everything. MUHUAHUAHU

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
pls stop breaking my game :(:(

If even pretty regular fighting causes lag, I think I'd better add some spawning restriction to the mushrooms so they can't spawn on top or super close to one another!

I'd better take a look at the cloud debuff as well -- only a few clouds on top of each other shouldn't have noticable effect

GarlicJelly

pls stop breaking my game :(:(

If even pretty regular fighting causes lag, I think I'd better add some spawning restriction to the mushrooms so they can't spawn on top or super close to one another!

I'd better take a look at the cloud debuff as well -- only a few clouds on top of each other shouldn't have noticable effect
But I'm going for the 100% forum Achievements. :( And also, it's not really my fault because you could have predicted that this would happen before you released the new patch. :p I should note though that I'm playing on a pretty crappy laptop (I can give you the specs if you want) so the lag might just be on low-end PCs.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I should note though that I'm playing on a pretty crappy laptop (I can give you the specs if you want) so the lag might just be on low-end PCs.

I'm glad to have someone playing on a pretty crappy laptop so these kinds of things can be caught :D

And yeah, sure, working low end specs are always interesting since we'll have to specify minimum specs and stuff when we go onto the Steam store! Go ahead and share :p

GarlicJelly

Windows 7 64 bit
2.4 GHz i5 intel processor
2GB RAM (integrated in the motherboard I think)
Nvidia nvs 5100m (1GB graphics card)

This should be enough, right?

GarlicJelly

It says: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520
I have no clue if that helps. I've built 3 computers before but I don't know anything about laptop components. :p

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Just what i thought^^ HP Laptop
You have a graphics accelerator in your CPU that's better then your GPU when it comes to games.
Your Quadro GPU is for professional use, like workstations, or servers, or so. The driver that come for that GPU are not suited for gaming.

So there might be just a problem with the drivers and not the performance level. Try some rendering and your system should perform pretty good^^

GarlicJelly

Just what i thought^^ HP Laptop
You have a graphics accelerator in your CPU that's better then your GPU when it comes to games.
Your Quadro GPU is for professional use, like workstations, or servers, or so. The driver that come for that GPU are not suited for gaming.

So there might be just a problem with the drivers and not the performance level. Try some rendering and your system should perform pretty good^^
I don't edit pictures or videos and I don't make animations so I don't render anything. :( This is an old school laptop that I bought of the school for a cheap price because these were old and they were getting newer and better ones for the next year.